(47).

"That Was Robbery"

     Alicia's prayers weren't answered for long. Max was still calling for her and his voice was getting closer to the kitchen. "Where the fuck did she go to?" Thirty's had covered her mouth with his dirty palm and she was crying silently. How did this happen to her? Why was she caught up in a robbery? She had been living so good. "Ali... wooahh." Max walked in and couldn't believe his eyes either. That gun pointed at her, was clicking buttons in him. His heart skipped for a second and saw the tears on her face. "What the fuck!"

     "Is she your girlfriend?" The boss asked.

    "Yes. What the fuck do you want?"

    "He'll make this easy." Thirty's laughed. "Tell me you know where all the money is, the good stuff and those shiny watches."

    "I don't wear shiny watches. Let her go and I'll get you whatever you need." He was gritting his teeth.

     "We're the ones to make the bargain."

     "No, you don't. It's my money you're getting. Let her go." Max stretched on it, scowling at them. Thirty's let go off her and pushed her forward. Max held her up from falling. He took his jacket off and put it around her. His jaws were clenching watching the tears on her face and her hands trembling by his touch. He'll fucking kill them for doing this to her. "Don't look at them." He said quietly and she nodded.

    "Aww isn't it cute?" The boss teased and they laughed. Thirty's held her hair and pulled her back again. Max made a fist and it ached to be thrown at them. She felt her hair being pulled out of her scalp. "We're not here to shoot titanic. Get me my money and let's get the shit out of here."

    "Your money?" He scoffed. "You must be kidding me." Why was he being so fearless? They had a gun!

    "Max," She shook her head to him and he was still glaring at them. The boss pointed a gun at him and her body weakened. "Max." The boss walked towards him and Max wasn't flinching. What kind of ball does he have! Is he crazy?! "Maxwell," she cried, her voice begging him.

     "I'll blow your brains off if you make another sound." The boss threatened and Max smirked at him. The boss raised his hand to fist or slap him, she was too confused to know what he was going to do but Maxwell held his hand and they both stood there, glaring at each other. The fucking prick!

     "Tell the motherfucker to let my girl go." He glared. 

    "Not until you get me that money." He cocked the gun at Maxwell and she closed her eyes taking deep breaths.

This is just a dream. This is just a dream. You're fucking dreaming right now Alicia.

    "She's no use to me. What if I blow her brains out instead?" They pointed the gun at her instead and that was the only way they got to him. They wouldn't!

     "You wouldn't." Maxwell said and his glares lowered.

    "I will. I can. I'll do it." Thirty's grabbed her hair again and she tried hard not cry. He looked at their stupid faces and sighed. He wished he could kill them!

    "Who's getting it?" Max asked.

    "Hey, go with him. I'll take care of his 'girl' if he fucks up." The boss ordered and he let go off her hair. "Get them all. Don't leave a single penny."

    "Yes boss." He smirked at her and walked with Max to the bedroom. The boss ordered her to sit, pointing the gun at her. She sat down like an obedient girl and her body was shaking. Who knew she'd die on a day like this?

    Maxwell was behind the man who was wowing over his room. He released his hard fist, stepped behind the man and quickly grabbed him by his neck and snapped it off like a twig till it broke. He breathed out a sigh and pushed the lifeless body to the floor.

    "Son of a bitch." He breathed out and took out his phone to call security. He informed them burglars were in his house and went out of the room, smiling to the boss. He heaved a sigh and looked her way.

    "Where's he?" The boss asked.

    "He's getting them. He wants some wine. You guys like being bossy huh?" Max smirked at him.

    "That son of a bitch. We're running out of time here." The boss said angrily.

     "You can check up on him."

     "Tell him to fucking hurry up."

     "It'll be easier if you both get it out. It's tons of money and good stuffs in there." He didn't want her to see him do his evil things and the boss was leaving him with no option.

     "No. I'll keep an eye on your girlfriend."

    "Sure. Your loss." Max shrugged at him and walked to the wine bar behind them. He brushed his arm on hers as he took the wine out. "Do I have... uh there it is." He smiled at him. His eyes conveyed to her to look away. She couldn't point it out. The boss was busily blowing air on his gun, ready to make money he didn't work hard for. "Close your eyes." Max whispered. She shut her eyes off and he walked away from her. He walked behind the chair and smashed the bottle into the boss's head.

     Alicia heard a crashing sound and splatterings and opened her eyes quickly. The wine bottle was shattered in the Boss's head and it's content spilled on him to the floor. His gun fell to the floor and she rushed for it. She kicked it far away with her foot and finally breathed out some good air. Max still had the broken bottle in his hand and he knelt next to the unconscious mighty boss.

    "Let's get out of here." She said.

     "Don't worry. I already called security." He was analyzing the boss's body without looking at her.

    "Thirty's will come out. Let's leave."

   "He's dead." He turned to her and looked at the boss again. Pieces of broken glass were piercing the head of the boss. Maxwell sighed and scratched his head.

     "What... when.." he pierced the broken bottle to the boss's neck and her mouth fell open. "Max," lots of blood came out of the boss's neck and he was gagging. The sight of this was like a live nightmare.

     Max smiled to himself and pushed the body over. He stood up and picked up the gun. She couldn't move or do anything. He opened the bedroom's door and she walked in to see what he did there too. Thirty's head was snapped back. She looked away and closed her eyes. She opened her eyes and tears poured out. They were bad people and seeing them like that still made her feel bad. She felt scared to be around him. Little drops of blood spilled on the floor to the bedroom. She turned to Max and his hand was bleeding. He didn't even feel it.

    Heavy knocks came on the door and she walked to the living room to open it up. The securities and cops barged into the room and she pointed to the first dead body in the living room. Max came out of the bedroom and sat in the couch. That guilt feeling came back again. He didn't know what he would've done if they had hurt Alicia. When he saw her almost naked in front to them, he was scared. He wasn't talking when they asked him questions. They turned to her for questions while others were taking care of the bodies. She mustered up enough strength to tell them what happened.

     As she was doing this, she was taking glances at Max. He was staring at the body in front of him. Blood was mixed with wine and his hand was bleeding out.

    Excuse me." She said to the cop and walked to Max. Her torn shirt was lying on the ground. She picked it up and sat next to him. He wasn't looking at her. He seemed off. She held his bruised hand and wrapped the shirt on it. "Max," he didn't turn or do anything. "We're okay now. Talk to me."

     "They... hurt you."

     "I'm fine." She forced a smile at him. "I'm fine Max." He put his head on her shoulder and they sat there, staring at another dead body her boyfriend made. Although she was freaked out as fuck, she had to be the one to comfort him and smile at him.

     A day she did not think she would ever forget in her entire life.