*Chapter Two*

"Caroline, why am I here?" Claire grumbled standing with her sister at the bonfire

"Caroline, why am I here?" Claire grumbled standing with her sister at the bonfire. She remembered how fun these used to be before she got pregnant. She couldn't help but to compare her life to how it is now to what it used to be.

Before she got pregnant she was the most popular girl in school, for good reasons. Now, she's just a hot source of gossip for not only the school but for the rest of the town. Before she could drink and let loose but now she had to worry about not over doing it. Before she got pregnant she had a boyfriend, albeit, he did cheat on her causing them to have a bad break-up but she had a boyfriend nonetheless. Now, nobody even dared to get involved with her, not wanting the responsibility of kids just yet, not that she particularly blamed them.

"Because if you stayed at home you'd be in your room drawing your dream boyfriends being all depressy" She told her. Claire rolls her eyes but doesn't deny it. "Besides, mom isn't working tonight and I doubt you wanna be in the same house as her by yourself."

"True" Claire muttered under her breath but Caroline heard her. The older sister smirked and continued to drink her beer.

"Stop pouting and have some fun" Caroline said giving her a wink. "Come on, we can dance" She said going to take her closer to the music but stopped when she saw the new boy. "I'll be right back."

"Care" Claire whined in protest but Caroline ignored her and continued to pursue the Salvatore. Claire followed her but kept her distance.

"Hey! You made it" Caroline stated excitedly. Stefan looks slightly started as if he were suddenly snapped out of his thoughts. Claire glances to where he was looking and sees Elena and Bonnie. The younger twin sighs softly knowing where all this was going.

"I did" Stefan gives her a polite smile and goes to walk away but Caroline didn't let him go that easily.

"Well, let's get you a drink" She said grinning. He looks less than optimistic to follow Caroline around.

"Well, I'm-" He tried to get out of it but Caroline shook her head.

"Oh, come on" She said grabbing him and dragging him off. Stefan sighs in disappointment and Claire gives him a sympathetic smile. "Wait here, I'll grab something for you." Caroline said before scurrying off.

"I'm sorry about her" Claire said and Stefan gave her a gentle smile. "She likes you a lot but I can tell you like Elena." Stefan raises his eyebrows.

"Am I that obvious?" He questioned. Claire smiled.

"I doubt you've taken your eyes off of her since you first saw her" Claire said not realizing how true her statement was. "Look, Caroline is a wonderful person but she can be very thick headed. Don't lead her on, I know you don't mean too but if you don't make it clear to her that you're not interested then she's going to keep pursuing you and she'll get even more hurt in the end."

"I'll be sure to mention something" Stefan said. Claire gives him a thankful look. She loves her sister but she doesn't want Caroline to get her hopes up over something that isn't going to happen. "Excuse me" He said before slipping away, following Elena.