*Chapter Four* {Friday Night Bites}

"Caroline!" Claire shouts ready to go to school yet her sister refuses to leave her room

"Caroline!" Claire shouts ready to go to school yet her sister refuses to leave her room. "Come on, we have to go!"

"Go without me" Caroline said standing by the door of her bedroom, Damon Salvatore standing behind her.

"Come on, Care-bear, tell whoever is in there to get lost. We have school." Claire said standing on the other side of the door. Despite her situation, Caroline smiled slightly at the 'mother tone' Claire was using. 

"Get rid of her or I'll make her join us" Damon whispered in her ear and Caroline tensed.

"I'm taking the day off, Baby, just go without me." Caroline said. Claire pressed her lips together. She had a feeling in the pit of her stomach, or her Twin Alarm as Caroline calls it, that she shouldn't leave Caroline alone.

"Caroline" Claire whined not wanting to give up. "Make good choices, remember?" Claire begged. Caroline sighed quietly.

"What? Like you?" She forced herself to snap. Claire took a step back. "I'm not gonna end up like you Claire so just go to school and leave me alone" 

"Ouch" Claire muttered her hand going to her stomach. Caroline is instantly filled with guilt but she knew she couldn't let Claire anywhere near Damon.

"Just... go to school, Claire. I'm fine" She said a little more gentler. Knowing she wasn't going to get Caroline to come out, Claire walks away.

"Stubborn little thing" Damon comments in a regular tone. "I almost thought I was gonna have to take things into my own hands" He said wondering around the room.

"You're not touching her" Caroline snapped pointing her finger at him.

"I can if I want too" Damon said smirking at her. Caroline glared even harder at him as she felt her protective instincts flaring.

"She's four months pregnant, have a heart." She snipped. Damon raised an eyebrow at her.

"A) I don't have a heart. B) Pregnant? Really? Isn't she a little young to be pregnant?" Damon asked tilting his head judgmentally.

"So she made a mistake" Caroline said shrugging. "At least she's owning up to it unlike that jackass that knocked her up" Caroline spat.

"Who knocked her up?" Damon asked curiously. Caroline shrugged.

"I don't know. She won't tell anybody. Some people think Tyler Lockwood did it but before she got pregnant she was a partier, more than most teenagers. She used to drink a lot and she probably slept around." Caroline stated not judging her but just giving out facts. She didn't care of her sister slept around or not, she wasn't about to slut shame her own twin.

"What do you think?" Damon asked crossing his arms. Caroline shrugged again.

"She never talks about it. She won't confirm nor deny anything. I don't know what to think. It could be Tyler's but after he cheated on her she probably slept with someone else to get back at him." Caroline said remembering the one night stand Claire and Matt had. Neither of them had feelings for the other but they had been drinking and they had just gotten out of a long-term relationship. Neither of them told anybody but Claire did tell Caroline.