*Chapter Fifty Eight*

*Wish me luck on my exams 😭*

"Claire" She turns and sees Elijah walking towards her and Caroline. "Mind letting me in on what's going on?" Claire glances at Caroline who shrugs leaving it up to her to tell him or not.

"Elena has a meeting with your mother" Claire whispers to him. He frowns his eyebrows. "Elena said something about Esther being on their side, I don't know what that means." She explains.

"I'll talk to Elena" Elijah said. Claire sighs watching him leave, not without kissing her forehead first. Elijah didn't like Elena but he had helped her through the sacrifice situation, he hadn't done anything to the Doppelganger so he's hoping he can get her to be truthful with him.

"Do you think Elena will tell him what's going on?"Caroline asks. Claire gives her a look. Neither of the twins trusted Elena and they both knew that Elena wouldn't tell the truth. "What do you want to do?" She asks.

"Can you try to eavesdrop?" Claire asks. Caroline nods.

"We just need to figure out the room." Claire nods.

"There's Elena" Claire whispers. They both hide behind a corner. They watch her walk down the hall and face a door. Elena knocks.

"You're alone, wise choice" Finn's voice rings out. Claire and Caroline share a look not understanding anything about this situation. They watch Elena walk into the room.

"It's only sage. I've spelled it so we can speak freely without fear of being overheard. That'll be all Finn, thank you." Esther dismisses her eldest son. Caroline curses.

"What?" Claire whispers. Caroline grabs Claire and leads her away from the room. "What's wrong? What's going on?"

"Esther put some spell in the room. She said it was sage."

"A privacy spell" Claire realizes. "Come on" Claire said pulling Caroline along. "Do you see Hanna anywhere?" She asks. They both look for her.

"Over there" Caroline spots the Australian. Claire nods and pulls her towards Hanna.

"Claire, you look wonderful!" Hanna said. "And Caroline, absolutely beautiful."

"Thank you" Caroline smiles. Claire smiles as well before pulling Hanna off to the side.

"What do you know about privacy spells?" Claire asks.

"There's a lot of privacy spells out there, can you be more specific?" Hanna questions turning serious.

"Sage?" Caroline suggests.

"When done right, it's impenetrable. It's a simple spell but very effective" Hanna said. Claire sighs feeling disappointed. "What's happening?"

"I don't know" Claire mutters. "I'll tell you when we've figured it out."

"Is there anything I can do?" Hanna asks.