*Chapter Forty Five*

"And you must be Claire" Klaus's sister, Rebekah, states standing in front of her brother's mate

"And you must be Claire" Klaus's sister, Rebekah, states standing in front of her brother's mate. "I guess my brother really wasn't lying, you are pretty." She said but it didn't seem like a complement. The way Rebekah was looking at her was as if she was sizing her up, evaluating her. Claire didn't shudder nor cower under her stare, she just mirrored it.

"Careful, Rebekah" Klaus warns not liking the look nor the tone his sister was giving Claire. He wraps an arm around the front of her shoulders pulling her back to his chest. He head moves beside hers, leaning into her lightly.

Rebekah didn't believe Klaus when he said he found his mate. It was hard to believe because she's seen mates interact before they were like magnets, where one moved the other followed. If they were truly mates, then how was Klaus in Chicago and Claire in Mystic Falls?

But now that she's up close, she can sense Elijah's mark. It was screaming at her, trying to keep her away. It she wasn't a thousand years old, she wouldn't be able to withstand it. She felt happy for her brothers yet she still didn't know the girl, she didn't trust easily when it came to women and her brothers. Just because she bares Elijah's mark, doesn't mean she has to be nice.

"He killed him" They could hear Matt from the other side of the gym.

"He's not dead" Elena shook her head, pacing as she tries to think of a way through this situation. "Klaus's blood will turn him into a vampire." Elena explained to him.

"And if Bonnie's successful, he'll live through his transition." Klaus said walking closer to then. His arm unwrapped from Claire but hastily gripped her hand. She smiles and allows him to pull her closer to the others. Rebekah follows them. "Go on, then. Go and fetch your grimoires and enchantments and what-not. I'll hold onto Elena for safe keeping." Klaus crowds towards Elena, with Rebekah on the other side of the doppelganger.

Claire can't help but to feel territorial. She had no reason to be jealous, Klaus would never leave her but she was territorial. Just like how the Mikaelson brothers wanted everyone to know she was theirs, she wanted everyone to know that they were hers.

She wanted Klaus to herself and right now, he was far too close to Elena for her liking. While his hand holds his mates hand, his chest is brushing up against Elena's shoulder. His lips whispering in her ear. While he was threatening Elena and her friends, she knew he could threaten just as successfully from a distance.

"So this is the latest doppelganger" Rebekah said. Elena jumped slightly at the closeness. "The original one was much prettier" She snarks.

"Enough, Rebekah. Take the wolf boy elsewhere, would you?" Rebekah glances at her brother and then to his mate. She saw the upset look on Claire face and instantly knew the reasoning. She smirks at her brother before grabbing Tyler and dragging him away.

"Just ignore her. Petty little thing." Klaus whispers in her ear. Claire rips her hand from his and walks towards the bleachers. The sudden loss of contact alarms Klaus. He instantly follows Claire. "Sweetheart" He mutters engulfing her in his arms before she could sit down. She doesn't respond. His head instantly goes into her neck, nuzzling as close to her as possible.