*Chapter Seventy* {Memorial}

*Happy Birthday to Me!*

"Faulty Gas line leads to tragic explosion at Young farm

"Faulty Gas line leads to tragic explosion at Young farm." Claire read in a slightly questioning voice. She looks up from the newspaper that rests on the island. She shifts Madelyn to her other hip, her eyes looking between Elijah and Klaus. The two of them were sitting at the table. Elijah had his ankle resting on his leg, drinking some tea mixed with blood. Klaus stat beside him sketching quietly. "I didn't think you two were the blowing up type."

"You're right." Elijah nods setting the tea down on the table. "We didn't blow up the farm. The fire started on the inside, we just didn't attempt to save anybody."

"Blowing people up is too quick" Klaus grumbles obviously upset about not getting his hands on revenge. He wanted to kill them personally for coming after his family, after his mate, after Madelyn.

"They blew themselves up?" Claire asked frowning her eyebrows. "Why would anybody do that?" She wonders.

"Don't know, don't care" Klaus shrugs. "They're dead. We don't have to worry about the bleeding council anymore." He smirks slightly.

"Morning" Hanna said walking into the kitchen.

"Good morning" Claire smiles at her. "Klaus is sending some of the hybrids over to your house today. Depending on the damage, you'll be back home by the end of the week at the latest." Claire informs her.

"Thank you" She says sincerely.

"It's no problem. I'm just glad everyone is alive and safe." Claire says. Hanna nods in agreement as she began to make breakfast for the humans in the house.

"Tyler was attacked this morning." Caroline blurts walking into the kitchen.

"Good morning to you too" Claire says sarcastically. She walks around the island and puts Madelyn in her high chair.

"I was with him this morning and some guy named Conner comes an starts interrogating the Mayor." Caroline says completely ignoring her little sisters remark. "He was asking why she wasn't with the council when they blew up. Then he starts shooting Tyler."

"Looks like we're not the only people he's pissed off." Claire mutters not caring if the boy lived or died.

"They've never met before." Caroline told her.

"A hunter?" Elijah suggests.

"Great. Something else to worry about." Claire mutters rolling her eyes.

"Hunters are fairly easy to get rid of love" Klaus assures. "Especially since the hunter has nothing that can kill us." Klaus says referring to himself and his vampire siblings. Claire gives him a thankful smile. 

"Well, get rid of him before he figures out my twin is a vampire and goes after her. I kind of like her, I want to keep her around." Claire grins giving her sister a playful wink. Caroline rolls her eyes but smiles.