*Chapter Sixty*

"This is one of the strongest spells I've encountered" Hanna says looking at Claire

"This is one of the strongest spells I've encountered" Hanna says looking at Claire. "It's a very dark spell... The type Noah's old coven used to use." She said glancing at Archie. Her son pales slightly.

"Can you break it?" Elijah questions standing at the foot of the bed Claire lays on. Henrik sits by her head which is resting in his lap. His touch obviously helps sooth the pain she's in as she doesn't groan as much and her body doesn't twitch as often. However, the discomfort is still clearly expressed on her face.

"I don't know" Hanna whispers. "Without the counter curse it could take days. She doesn't have that kind of time." Elijah growls angrily.

"This has Esther written all over it." Henrik said looking at his brother.

"Claire knew she was up to something... I assume she found out and Esther shut her up." Elijah growls. "Whatever it is, it has to do with Finn as well. She was with him last night."

"You don't think Finn helped do this to her?" Henrik asked him. "He wouldn't. It's practically impossible to harm your mate."

"Practically" Elijah mutters. Henrik sighs and looks down at her. He pets her hair softly.

"Can't you read her mind? You've completed the bond right?" Archie asked pacing along side the bed.

"Esther must have thought about that.. I don't feel her. I don't feel her pain and I can't hear her thoughts." Elijah grumbles.

"But you're still a vampire" Archie tells him. "Can you enter her mind? See something that could give us a clue as to what is going on?" He asks. Elijah thinks about it.

"It might work as long as Esther hasn't blocked her mind completely." Elijah says walking over to her head. Henrik reluctantly trades places with Elijah. Elijah shifts and rests her head comfortably in his lap. He messages her head gently and tries to get inside her mind. "Come on, Elskan" He whispers quietly. "Help me understand."

Ever so slowly he manages to slip into her mind but he struggles to stay inside. Something's fighting him, trying to force him out. Elijah knew it had to be Esther and knew he had to be quick. By the time he's forced out, he had all the information he needed.

"We don't have much time." Elijah said standing up. He gently rests her head on the pillow. He bends down and kisses her forehead. "I will fix this, Elskan" He whispers for her ears only.

"What's the plan?" Henrik asks.

"Stop our dear mother from killing all of us." Elijah answers simply. He turns to Hanna. "Try and break the spell, find the antidote, anything. When we face Esther, I'll try and get it from her."

"I'll do everything I can." Hanna assures. Elijah nods before turning to Henrik. He motions for his brother to follow him. Henrik looks at Claire before leaving with his brother.