*Chapter Eighty Seven* {After School Special}

"There's actually something growing inside of you," Kol whispers laying on his side while Claire lays on her back

"There's actually something growing inside of you," Kol whispers laying on his side while Claire lays on her back. The only clothes that cover her body are a loose pair of sweatpants and a matching bra. She was starting to show even though she is only about 9 weeks along. 

Claire didn't know how this pregnancy would go seeing as the baby is half-vampire and half-human. It's never happened before. To say her mates were anxious about it all is an understatement. The unpredictability of the pregnancy put them on edge, heightened their protective instincts.

"Yes, my love, that's how pregnancy's work," Claire smiles at Kol. He seemed absolutely fascinated by the entire thing. Claire believed that now that Kol could see her stomach forming, the thought of having a child was starting to settle in. So far he seemed very excited, she hoped it would stay that way.

"I can't hear him moving, is that normal?" Kol questioned resting his ear on her stomach while looking her in the eyes. She smiles and runs her fingers through his hair.

"He won't move for another couple of weeks, he's not big enough yet" Claire informs him. Kol nods relaxing slightly. "You're going to make a wonderful father." She mutters. He gives her a sheepish smile. He lifts his head and moves further up her body. He nestles into the crook of her neck, his arm wrapping protectively around her.

"I'm scared" He whispers so quietly that she barely heard it. Claire places her hand on top of his arm, she rubs it lightly.

"It's ok" She mutters. "So am I" He lifts his head again and places it on her forehead. "I'm by no means an expert with it comes to children, we'll learn together." She assures him. "Besides, the first one is just a practice dummy" She teases which gets him to relax.

"Well, in that case," Kol rolls on his back and brings her onto his chest. She giggles and straddles his lap. "Let's get working on a spare" He wiggles his eyebrows suggestively.  

"Oh, no, Mr. Mikaelson" Claire sits up. Her hand presses on his chest. "You're getting one out of me, that will be enough for a while." He pouts playfully. "Trust me, one is enough. We already have to look after Madelyn and now this one, I don't need to have to worry about a third. Not right now at least."

"You drive a hard bargain" Kol mutters.

"So, I've been told" Claire smirks and leans down on top of him. She snuggles into his chest. He kisses the top of her head. "We're gonna have to get up soon" She mutters. His grip around her tightens.

"No" He whines. She smiles slightly. "I don't understand why we have to attend" He grumbles.

"Because, as Mikaelson's we are held at a different standard in the town. It would be considered rude if we did not attend the memorial for Mayor Lockwood. This town already has its suspicions of us, their still uneasy and don't know what to think. We need to ease their minds and show them we're on their side, that we care for this town and we do that by attending the ceremony."