*Chapter Sixteen*

*Little shorter than normal but still full of emotion!*

"Damon! Damon!" Claire said jogging down the hallway leaving Madelyn with Sarah

"Damon! Damon!" Claire said jogging down the hallway leaving Madelyn with Sarah. The vampire comes to a stop and turns to her. He had just left Caroline's room after helping heal her.

"What's up, Shortcake?" Damon asked giving her a lop sided grin. Claire smiled at him.

"Thank you" She whispered. Damon's face softened and he gave her a more genuine smile. He gave her a shrug. "I mean it Damon, you don't know how much you helping her means to me."

"You're welcome" He said lifting his hand rubbing her arm lightly. "Just, do me a favor and relax a little bit? Go home, shower, get some sleep. You look like your head is going to explode, not a good look on you." He said. She smiled laughing tiredly.

"I guess you're right" Damon laughs.

"Can I get that in writing?" He teases. Claire smiles more brightly and punches his arm lightly. "Go get some sleep, I'll see you around Shortcake." Damon said ruffling up her hair. She gives him a playful glare before shoving his hand off her head.

"Do that again and I'll stab you with something bigger than a pencil" She threatens pointing at him. He smirked holding up his hands before the two of them went their separate ways. "Alright, I'm going to take Madelyn home, let her sleep in a comfortable bed" She said walking over to Sarah. "I cannot thank you enough for your help."

"Don't worry about it, Claire. It's my pleasure" Claire smiled at Sarah. "I'll see you later?" She asked. "You have my number right?"

"Yes I do" Claire said nodding.

"Please do not hesitate to call me if you need me. I don't have much to do during the day so, it's no problem if you need me" Sarah said and Claire nodded.

Sarah had told her she runs an online shopping business. It's not a nation wide website, though she does get some orders from a couple states over but she keeps it small and manageable from her home which makes it easy for her to nanny as well.

"I'll call you if I need you, I'll see you later." Claire waved. Sarah smiled waving back before they both went their separate ways.

"Elena?" Claire asked answering the phone call the next day. "What's up?"

"Did you know Tyler's dad died?" Elena asked knowing Claire's been so focused on her sister that she probably didn't know. Elena was right, Claire hadn't heard. The younger twin sat down at the kitchen table.

"No, I didn't know that" She said quietly. She didn't particularly like Tyler's dad but he was always decent to her when they were dating. She felt her heart clench for Tyler. She may 'hate' Tyler right now but the piece that still loved him wanted her to go and comfort him.

"They're having a gathering at the mansion, I didn't know if you wanted to go." Elena said treading carefully knowing Tyler and Claire haven't been close since they dated.