*Chapter Thirty One*

*Sorry for updating so late but it's a long one soo... enjoy*

"Damon Salvatore you open this damn door right now!" Claire shouted slamming her fist onto the boarding house multiple times in a row

"Damon Salvatore you open this damn door right now!" Claire shouted slamming her fist onto the boarding house multiple times in a row. Eventually, the dark haired vampire open the door with an expression somewhere between smug and annoyance.

"What can I do for you, Shortcake?" Damon asked raising his eyebrows. He smirked, crossed his arms and leaned against the threshold.

"Where is Elijah?" She growled glaring at him.

"Elijah who?" Damon asked feigning confusion. "Oh, right, that Elijah" Damon snaps as if just now remembering who she was asking about.

"Where is he, Damon?" She spat. He shrug innocently.

"I don't know." He told her. "And pray tell, why would I know? I'm not his girlfriend" The smug smirk came back to his face. Claire frowns her eyebrows slightly. "Little bird dropped the worm." He wiggled his eyebrows at her.

"First off, nobody says that. Secondly, tell Elena that she can fuck off, she had no right telling you about us. Thirdly, where the fuck is he, Damon?" She snapped. "I know he was here last night and I know he was supposed to come see me afterwards, only he didn't."

"So" Damon shrugged.

"So" She grumbled. "What. Did. You. Do?" 

"I didn't do anything" He tells her shaking his head. "Maybe you just weren't making him happy enough. Maybe he'd rather sleep somewhere without a screaming baby. Maybe he wanted a girlfriend who has her shit together. Take your pick, Shortcake, I don't care."

"You think I'm stupid don't you?" Claire asked tilting her head, resting her hands on her hips.

"Well, I don't exactly see Ivy League schools in your future" He whispered as if it were a secret. Claire glared at him.

"Maybe not but I can sense a barrier spell" She said. Damon took a step further into the house, Claire's glare intensified. "Let me guess, you have Elijah somewhere in that house. You had Bonnie put a spell on it so I can't get inside." Now it was Claire wearing the smug smirk but the anger was still in her eyes. "Give me Elijah." She demanded.

"No can do, Shortcake" He said shaking his head. "Don't worry, Elijah is safe but I can't have him running around with him still planning on kill Elena. You remember her? Your best friend? Yeah, he wants to kill her."

"Did you ask him?" She questioned crossing her arms, popping her hip out. "Or did you just take the word of Bonnie who got that information from a mediocre warlock?" She asked him.

"I trust Bonnie a hell of a lot more than I trust Elijah." Damon told her.

"I'm not saying that the witch Bonnie questioned wasn't telling the truth but I'm saying that there might be more. Do you honestly think Elijah is the type of man to tell anybody everything?" Claire asked raising her eyebrows. "Maybe the witch was right but I don't think Elijah's endgame is Elena dead."