*Chapter Forty One* {The Hybrid}

*Omg today I found out I got accepted into my number one college!!! I'm so fucking excited!!------ Skipped The Birthday. These events take place during The Hybrid. *

"Good morning" Claire mutters, her eyes still closed, her body still snuggled into Elijah

"Good morning" Claire mutters, her eyes still closed, her body still snuggled into Elijah. Hearing her voice, Elijah tightens his grip. He places a gentle kiss on her head. His eyes are also closed, both of them feeling extremely tired.

Madelyn had gotten sick. The two of them were doing everything they could to help her. Thankfully she was showing signs of getting better but the two of them still hardly slept.

"Madelyn's awake" Elijah mutters hearing her. Madelyn still slept in Caroline's room so that Claire and Elijah could be alone.

"5 more minutes" Claire whines. Elijah smiles but doesn't say anything. Soon, Claire could hear Madelyn crying and could no longer ignore her motherly instincts.

"That was only 2" Elijah comments. Claire rolls her eyes but smiles at him.

"I'll be back" Claire whispers. She leans over and places a soft kiss on his lips before going to Caroline's room. "Care? Can I come in and check on Madelyn?" Claire doesn't get a response. She frowns her eyebrows and slowly enters the room. "Caroline?"

Claire doesn't see her sister anywhere. Even her bed is neat, as if Caroline didn't sleep in it. Pressing her lips together she walks over to Madelyn and picks her daughter up.

"Shh, it's alright, mommy's here" Claire whispers cradling her in her arms. Madelyn continued to scream and cry frustrating Claire.

"Here, let me have her" Elijah says walking into the room. Claire happily hands him Madelyn.

"Did you hear Caroline come home last night?" Claire asked him. He shook his head.

"Her scent isn't fresh either, she hasn't been home." Elijah tells her. Claire sighs walking back into her room to grab her phone.

"She hasn't said anything to me" Claire mumbled. She looks back at Elijah and sees Madelyn still being fussy. "It is morning, lets get her a bottle" Claire suggests.

"You try and get a hold of Caroline, I'll get Madelyn something to eat" Elijah said. Claire smiles at him, her heart swelling.

"I love you" She tells him sincerely. Elijah smiles and walks into the room. He places a gentle kiss on her forehead.

"I love you too, Elskan" He whispers. "I'll be in the kitchen." He said before leaving the room. Claire smiles to herself before trying to call Caroline.

"Caroline, when you get this call me back." Claire said leaving yet another message. Claire sighs not liking the feeling she was getting.

"Anything?" Elijah asks once Claire enters the kitchen.