*Chapter Sixty Nine* {Growing Pains}

*Skipped the Departed... Hey, we're in season 4 now!*

"The council knows" Caroline said barging into the mansion

"The council knows" Caroline said barging into the mansion. Claire looks up at her sister, Madelyn cuddled in her lap. Finn sits beside her, his arm draped over her shoulder. Klaus sits in the love seat to her left sketching in his notebook. Elijah is in the study while Kol takes a shower and Henrik makes lunch.

"Knows what?" Klaus wonders not looking up from his notepad.

"Alaric told them all about how I'm a vampire and mom was keeping it a secret. How Mayor Lockwood knows about me and how Tyler is a hybrid. Alaric told them everything. Even how you're their mates. They took moms badge, they've arrested the Mayor. Their coming for all of us."

"Mom, is she alright?" Claire asks standing up.

"She's fine, they're not going after her but they took her badge. The only thing she's worried about is us."

"We're leaving" Klaus says standing up.

"I'm going to go get Tyler, I'll be back." Caroline said.

"No, you can't go" Claire said following you. "You told me their coming. Their probably out there in full force, Caroline. It's too big of a risk."

"Claire, I love him. I'm not leaving with out him." Caroline said sternly before disappearing.

"Care- Damn it" Claire sighs frustrated at her inability to stop her sister.

"She'll be alright, Princess" Finn assures her.

"Can you take her? I need to call my mom." Finn nods grabbing Madelyn. Claire goes into a private room and calls her mother.

"Claire, please tell me you're out of Mystic Falls." Liz says the second she answers.

"We're packing now, we'll be gone in a few minutes." Liz relaxes and nods slowly. "Are you going to be ok here, mom?"

"I'm going to be fine. There's nothing they can do to me."

"They took your badge" Claire whispers. "There was a time when I thought you loved that job more than me and Care." Claire smiles slightly.

"That was never true." Liz assures her. "There's just been times when I didn't know how to raise you and Caroline. I didn't know what to do so I just... buried myself in my work. I never should have done it and I'm sorry. There's a lot of things I regret."

"I know" Claire mutters softly. "Don't be so hard on yourself. We've all forgiven each other. We can't change the past. I'll let you know when we're somewhere safe."

"If you can't get everything packed then just leave it. You need to get out now. Take your sister, take your mates, take Madelyn and get as far away from here as possible." Claire clenches her eyes shut. "It's going to be ok, Baby.. It's going to be ok" Liz reassures her. "Let me know when you're safe." Claire nods.