*Chapter Eighty One*

*I just want to say that I have been LOVING the comments!!! Please keep them up! I love reading them so much!! Also, don't forget to vote! I really appreciate it! Love all of you!!*

After much reassurance that she was fine and nothing was wrong, Claire was able to keep her mates from returning home. They had felt her drastic change in mood. The panic, the fear, everything.

After the reassurance, the girls continued with their slumber party. They watched plenty of chick flicks and destroyed their stash of popcorn. Penelope and Bonnie were getting along great. The two of them were always talking about witches. Penelope still had a lot to learn and Bonnie was giving her tips and telling her stories of Shelia.

Every now and then Rebekah would join their conversation. Rebekah had plenty to say about witches, some things were good and others were bad. Penelope hung onto every word. She loved the stories, she loved the attention.

Claire wanted to pay attention but she couldn't. She couldn't stop looking at Madelyn. The girl had fallen asleep and Claire was about to carry her to bed but in the meantime, Claire simply watched her. Her right hand subconsciously rubbed her stomach.

She knew she wasn't ready to go through this again but she didn't have a choice. She wondered how this process was going to be. This isn't a normal baby. Even though the baby is going to be half-vampire, what baby of Kol's will ever be normal?

A soft smile came to her lips as she envisions Kol holding their baby for the first time. The giant smile on his face, the excitement in his eyes. She wanted a boy but wouldn't be upset with a girl. She wanted them to look like Kol. She wanted them to have his hair, his facial structure, his eyes, his everything.

She knew this baby was going to be good for Kol. Maybe now he would understand the meaning of love and how it's a two-way street, not one. She knew this baby is going to love him just as much as she does. She also knew that this baby is going to have Kol wrapped around their finger.

She then begins to think back in the last few weeks. Kol had become clingy and possessive, more than usual. She had brushed it off to his insecurities and tried to assure him that she loves him, that she wasn't going anywhere and that she is his. But as she thinks, she wonders if Kol knew.

Maybe on some level, Kol knew she was pregnant? Maybe he had a sixth sense, an instinct. She knew he didn't consciously know but it would explain his behavior. His instincts were telling him to be close to her, more than normal. To be more protective because she's carrying his offspring.

Her heart warms at the thought. Even before either of them knew she is pregnant, he protected the babe. She knew she was in good hands. She knew this wouldn't turn out as it had been with Tyler. She knew he wouldn't abandon her, none of them would.

"I'm going to go put Madelyn to bed" Claire speaks up. She stands and scoops her daughter in her arms. Madelyn cuddles to her mother as Claire walks to her room. She gently sets her in her crib.