*Chapter Sixty Seven* {Before Sunset}

"You are so lucky I love you

"You are so lucky I love you." Claire grumbles walking over to her sister. "Why do we have to be here so early?" Claire complains.

"I don't know, that's just how it is" Caroline told her as they walked towards the Rebekah who is standing by the doors. "Where's Matt?" Caroline asked Rebekah.

"He bailed. Got called into work at the last minute" Rebekah said.

"Are you kidding me? So, it's just us?" Caroline complained.

"Yes, tell me about it." Rebekah rolls her eyes. "I couldn't even get Asher out of bed this morning."

"I couldn't get Kol to wake up. Boy has stamina but takes a while to recharge." Caroline rolls her eyes laughing while Rebekah cringes.

"Do any of them know where you are?" Caroline asked her.

"Elijah and Finn were the only ones awake. I was taking care of Madelyn when I told them I was going to hang out with you and Bekah." Claire told them. "I had to get out of there before Kol managed to wake up. If I didn't, I wouldn't be here right now."

"Why don't we just get started?" Rebekah suggested not wanting to hear about Claire's sex life with her brothers. "I'm gonna start in the gym" Rebekah said walking into the high school.

"These parties are always fun.. I miss being too hungover to help you clean up." Claire mutters. Caroline laughs as they start throwing things away. Suddenly Caroline tenses. "What?"

"Something's wrong. Siphon from me" Caroline said quickly. Claire didn't bother asking questions. Once Claire had more than enough magic, Caroline raced them inside. She let go of Claire and rushed toward Alaric who was about to stab Rebekah with the white oak stake. Claire raises her hand and pins Alaric against the lockers, Rebekah grabs the stake and stabs Alaric with it. Claire releases him. All three of them are shocked to see Alaric pull the stake out.

Caroline grabs her sister and the three of them disappear. Rebekah branches away from them. Caroline and Claire stop outside of the car. Claire screams as Alaric breaks Caroline's neck. He holds Caroline against his body and holds a stake over her heart.

"Don't!" Claire shouts panicked.

"Come or I kill her" Claire tries to give him an aneurysm. He winces but shakes it off. "I got a little protection spell over me, sweetheart." Alaric smirks. He starts to dig the stake into Caroline.

"Don't! Please! Don't hurt her!" Claire begs.

"Put this on" He said tossing a bracelet to her. She looks at him hesitantly. She didn't know what the bracelet is for or what it would do. However, before she could contemplate it a hand grabs her wrist and clamps the bracelet on her wrist. Claire quickly looks up and sees a familiar redhead smiling down at her.

"Miss me?" Sage asks smirking. Alaric smirks and pulls Caroline into the school. Sage grabs the back of Claire's neck and pulls her into the school behind Alaric.