*Chapter Eighty Nine* {Catch Me if You Can}

"Something's not right" Damon says walking into the bar with Jeremy

"Something's not right" Damon says walking into the bar with Jeremy. Jeremy holds his crossbow tightly in his hands, his eyes watchful for the vampires he was supposed to kill. They both notice a trail of blood on the floor and follow it towards the back where a giant pile of corpses are. "Looks like we're gonna have to find some new vampires... What a waste." 

"What the hell happened?" Jeremy wonders lowering his bow.

"I confess" Both of them spin around, Jeremy aims his bow towards the intruder. "I did it." Kol smirks at the two of them.

"Kol?" Jeremy recognizes him from around town. He usually sees him with Claire. He remembers hearing his sister and the Salvatore's talk about how he's her 'mate', whatever that meant.

"Jeremy, good to see you, mate. Sorry about the mess. It was a little crowded when I arrived, and I prefer more intimate gatherings." Kol walks towards them more. "We three need to have a little chat" He grips the bourbon bottle and takes a sip, his eyes watching the two of them. "Care for a drink?"

"He's underage, and I don't like you, so let's just cut to it." Damon said moving closer to Kol and in front of Jeremy.

"You know, my brother bragged about his plan to complete Jeremy's hunter mark. It was easy enough to track this lot down. They were all hiding in the shadows. Now, killing young vampires is easy or old ones, or that matter."

"Why? What's it to you either way?" Damon asked frowning his eyebrows. He was under the impression that the Mikaelson's wanted Jeremy to complete his mark, what was Kol's angle?

"Because, you fools, in your zeal to find the cure, you risk waking someone very dangerous." Kol warns them.

"Oh, you must be talking about Silas" Damon smirks. Kol glares at him.

"What do you know of him?" Kol wonders.

"Nothing, don't want too, not our problem." Damon shrugs. Kol smirks sarcastically.

"Isn't it?" He tilts his head. Damon shrugs. "A few hundred years back, I came across a group that worshiped Silas. His followers told me that he would rise again, and when he did, he wold trigger the end of all time. You know, being an immortal with a family that continues to get bigger, you can see why I'm opposed to time's ending. So I murdered all of them. And now, here you are willing to risk raising him in your search for the cure. I can't exactly sit back and let that happen, can I?"

"We're not going to back off the cure cause you were told one too many scary bedtime stories, you idiot" Damon brushes him off. Kol's glare hardens and he shoves Damon.

"Jeremy, you're close friends with my Claire, you release Silas and you put her in danger. Why don't you call off this imbecilic treasure hunt?"

"I'm not calling anything off" Jeremy said strongly as he holds up the bow towards Kol. Kol presses his lips together and takes a step back.