*Chapter Twelve*

*These events happen through Fool Me Once and before There Goes the Neighborhood. I am so sorry. Like really, I'm sorry. you'll understand later.*

If Claire didn't feel guilty for hurting Bonnie before, she definitely does now

If Claire didn't feel guilty for hurting Bonnie before, she definitely does now. She tried calling and texting her but Bonnie never answered. She even went by Shelia's house and the once kind and supportive Grams made it adamantly clear Claire was no longer welcome. She threw around the word, Abomination, and Claire can't help but to wonder if she was right.

What kind of person would hurt their friend? Take their magic and want to do it again. Claire could feel the craving of wanting magic building up in her. She even dreamed about stealing Bonnie's magic, grinning as she does it. It always scared her when she woke up. Maybe she was an abomination but she didn't want to be.

She had stopped trying to contact Bonnie a couple of days ago. She had tried getting Bonnie to answer one last time, especially when she found out Shelia had died while she was asleep. She felt horrible and hated the fact that Sheila hated her when she died, it didn't settle well with Claire. But Bonnie continued to ignore her and avoid her at all costs, so Claire just stopped.

It killed her when she thought about her losing one of her closest friends. It even hurt whenever she thought about Shelia's death, they were so close before Claire hurt Bonnie. The guilt was almost overwhelming.

It didn't help that Claire had gotten sick, yet again. She didn't understand it but apparently pregnant women get sick easier, according to google. She felt so weak, like she couldn't move. Of course she could move and walk and all that, but not for very long. She could walk down the hall but then would need to sit. She also got dizzy easy. The cough and sneezing were back as well but thankfully she wasn't throwing up.

The sudden decline in physical health sure as hell didn't help her mental health. Claire found herself looking through old photos. Of her and Bonnie, of her and the babies father. Claire was curious because as she looked at the photos of her and him, it didn't hurt as badly. In fact, she was only looking at a photo of him for a few moments before her mind went to Henrik.

It cheered her up thinking about him and she tossed her phone to the side. She laid on her bed, on her back looking up at the ceiling. She couldn't sense Henrik but she knew he was somewhere in the room. He promised he wouldn't leave her and she held onto that promise with all her sanity.

"Baby?" Caroline sounded on the other side of Claire's closed bedroom door. Claire wiped some tears she didn't realize were falling and turned her head towards the door. "How are you holding up?" Caroline asked softly.

Caroline didn't understand exactly what was going on with Claire. She knew her sister was sick and upset about Sheila's death and about that her and Bonnie were at odds but not about what. She had tried to get some information from Claire but the pregnant girl didn't want to talk about it.

"I'm fine, Care" Claire said, her voice extremely hoarse.

"Claire, please talk to me... Open the door" Caroline begged from the other side of Claire's bedroom door. Caroline pressed her ear to the door and could hear Claire sniffling as she started to cry again. She wanted to talk to Caroline, God did she want to talk to her sister but she couldn't. She felt terrified every time she went to talk to her about being a Siphoner, about how she hurt Bonnie. "Claire" Caroline whined.