*Chapter Seventeen* {Brave New World}

"So there's this vampire chick that looks exactly like you going around pretending to be you?" Claire asked Elena as she helped her and Bonnie with the high school Carnival

"Katherine looked just like you, it was freakish" Bonnie commented while Claire tried to picture it.

"She is my ancestor" Elena told them. "Hey, I moved the student booth into the cafeteria." She said obviously not wanting to talk about it but Bonnie and Claire did.

"Your vampire ancestor and she didn't just resemble you like a family member would. She was you." Bonnie stressed.

"Wait, how do we know if you really are Elena right now?" Claire asked frowning her eyebrows. Elena gave her a look. "What? It's an honest question" Claire shrugged defensively.

"I'm Elena" She reassured.

"That's what an imposture would say" Claire mumbled. Bonnie grinned while Elena just looked annoyed. "All jokes aside, why does she look exactly like you?"

"I don't know, I can't explain it" Elena said feeling the pent up frustration start to come out. "It's creepy, that's all I got" Elena told them.

"How do you know she's not still out there pretending to be you?" Bonnie asked.

"I don't know but I could sit here and be tortured by the not-knowing or I could get these prizes to the ring toss" Elena said grabbing the bag filled with prizes.

"Have you talk to Damon since he killed Jeremy or tried to kill Jeremy?" Bonnie asked.

"Wait, what?" Claire snapped. "He killed Jeremy?" Claire asked shocked.

"Jeremy is fine" Elena told her. "Damon got mad while we were talking and snapped his neck. He was wearing a ring that brought him back." Elena told her.

"What the fuck is the world coming too?" Claire mumbled rubbing her face.

"And no, Bonnie, I haven't and I won't and I don't want to talk about Damon or anything else that's vampire related ok?" Elena snipped. "I'm human and I have to do human stuff. Otherwise, I'm going to go crazy."

"Normal went out the window when the Salvatore's came" Claire commented. Elena gave her a look. Claire held her hands up in surrender.

"Ok, I'm sorry, I'll focus" Bonnie told her. "We have to make Caroline proud or she will kill us. I don't know how she does all of this." Bonnie stated.

"Well because she's not human, obviously" Claire commented smirking.

"Obviously" Bonnie agreed and the three of them laughed. The three of them separated and Claire looked around for Jeremy.

"Hey! Big foot!" Jeremy instantly turns his head towards her and smiled slightly. "Heard you died, gotta say, still good looking" Jeremy rolls his eyes.