*Chapter Eighty Three*

"Found Kol" Elijah said kneeling beside his brother who had a freshly broken neck

"Found Kol" Elijah said kneeling beside his brother who had a freshly broken neck. Elijah sniffed and caught a scent of a hybrid, it was fresh. This meant the hybrid stayed, breaking Kol's neck continuously, until the hybrid most likely caught his scent and ran.

"Claire isn't here, her scent is old" Finn growled walking up to his bother. Elijah slings Kol over his back. They left through the back and returned to the mansion where they had every witch they had searching for their mate.

"How is he?" Rebekah questioned as Elijah put Kol on the couch.

"He'll be fine" Elijah assures her. "He'll be waking up soon."

"If anything happened Claire, I'll kill him." Klaus growled glaring at his younger brother.

"You'll do no such thing" Elijah growled. Klaus's glare turned to his older brother. "Claire is in enough pain, you do anything to Kol and that pain will amplify. I will not allow you to do that to her."

"It was his job to protect her!" Klaus shouted.

"And we will deal with him accordingly. He will be guilty and angry enough when he awakes. You can yell and scold him all you want but you will not lay a hand on him." Elijah snipped at Klaus.

"Elijah's right, Klaus" Finn spoke up. "Let's just focus on finding her, we'll worry about Kol later."

"Tyler Lockwood you open this damn door right now!" Caroline shouted slamming her fists on the door. After realizing she wasn't going away, the door opens but it's not Tyler. "Of course you're here" Caroline growled shoving her shoulder into Hayley's entering the house.

"Hello to you too, Caroline" Hayley muttered closing the door.

"Hey, Caroline" Tyler said coming up to his Ex-girlfriend.

"Where are your mutts?" Caroline snapped. Tyler frowns his eyebrows. "They took her, they took Claire, so where are they?"

"They did what?" Tyler pales slightly.

"If we don't find her before her mates do, they'll be slaughtered." Caroline warns him. Tyler glances behind her and to Hayley. Hayley walks into another room. He distantly remembers Hayley telling him how he needed to take control of the unsired hybrids, how he needed to become the new alpha.

"I might know where they are, come on." Tyler said leaving the house with Caroline.

"Where am I?" Claire whispers as she slowly regains consciousness. She slowly raises her head and sees she's in an old barn. Her wrists are wrapped with chains and attached the the wall.

She looks around, her head pounding against her skull. Her vision focuses in and out. She notices a figure in front of her, she soon recognizes the figure as Kim.

"You're making a mistake." Claire whispers.

"Oh, really?" Kim questions.

"Let me go and I won't tell Klaus." Claire tells her truthfully. "There's still time."