*Chapter Fifty Nine* {All My Children}

*When you could be studying for exams or getting ready for work but wanna write instead*

Claire walks down the hallway, no longer wearing her elegant dress but comfortable pajamas

Claire walks down the hallway, no longer wearing her elegant dress but comfortable pajamas. She stops by one of the rooms and knocks on it hesitantly. She smiles as the door opens.

"Claire" Finn breaths.

"Can I come in?" Claire asks softly. Finn's hesitant but nods unable to deny her. He moves to the side and she enters the room. "You've been avoiding me" She notes.

"I'm sorry" He whispers closing the door.

"What's going on?" She asks turning to him. She sits on his bed trying to stay casual so that he'd feel more comfortable to talk. He doesn't say anything and avoids eye contact. She sighs quietly. "Esther's planning something, I know... I just don't know what she's planning."

"I can't" He whispers. "I can't tell you." Claire stands up and moves closer to him.

"Why not?" He tries to avoid her and walks to the other side of the room. She whimpers wrapping her arms around herself. He instantly looks at her.

"My mother's a very powerful witch...I can't tell you." Finn stressed growing frustrated.

"Hey" She whispers softly walking over to him. She cups his cheeks grateful he does't shy from her touch this time. "Can you show me?" She whispers. He opens his eyes and looks into hers. "Show me" She pleads.

Finn sighs and he grabs her waist. He pulls her closer and kisses her gently. Claire leans into him more, immensely enjoying the kiss. She practically forgot what she had come to see him for when suddenly memories flash through her mind.

"Finn" Claire's voice gains his attention. She's leaving the room Esther was in. He walks away from the tailor and towards her. "Your mother wants to see you." Finn nods and kisses her forehead before entering the room.

"You wished to see me" Finn says closing the door behind him. He then notices her burning sage. He frowns his eyebrows together wondering what his mother needed to speak to him about. It must be of importance or else she wouldn't be burning the sage.

"Finn" She smiles at him. "I must say, you got very lucky with Claire. She's very beautiful and kind."

"She is" Finn nods in agreement, a pleasant smile on his face. "What did you wish to talk about?" He wonders standing in front of her. She presses her lips, hesitant to talk about what she had him come in for. "What is it?" He asks concerned. He inches closer to his mother.

"For a thousand years I was forced to watch you and your siblings from the Other Side. Countless are dead. Families torn apart. It's all my fault. The ancestors granted me life for one purpose, to fix my mistake" She says looking at him. Her expression is hard but her eyes are hesitant.