*Chapter Fourteen* {Isobel}

*Skipped Miss Mystic Falls and Blood Brothers.*

Claire loves Madelyn with her entire heart

Claire loves Madelyn with her entire heart. She knew she would give her life for her child without a second thought, without hesitation. There wasn't a thing on Earth Claire wouldn't do for her child.

But God damn does her little baby have a pair of lungs. Claire loved her baby but she wasn't very interesting at the moment, granted, she is barely two months old. All Madelyn did was scream, cry, sleep, eat and shit.

Claire remembered a time where she thought, quite stupidly she now realizes, that she would get more sleep once she wasn't pregnant anymore. While she was able to get more comfortable, now that she didn't have a whale of a stomach, that didn't exactly mean she got more sleep. Claire figured she was starting to get even less sleep, which she didn't think was possible.

"I love you Madelyn but please let me sleep" Claire whined but Madelyn continued to cry ruthlessly. Claire groaned and looked at her phone, wincing at the bright light. "Three in the fucking morning. Why am I even surprised?" Claire wondered to herself out loud. She sighed and rubbed her face, forcing herself to stand up as Madelyn made it clear she wasn't shutting up.

As carefully as she could, Claire picked Madelyn up. She shushed the baby and bounced her lightly as she got ready to breast feed. Claire still got a weird sensation whenever Madelyn fed from her. Claire enjoyed it. She liked someone being dependent on her but it was still a surreal feeling.

"Is that better beautiful?" Claire whispered sitting in the rocking chair Liz had given her. Claire let Madelyn continue to feed off of her as she thought about her mother. She couldn't be more thankful that Liz was no longer ignoring her, that she had fought for Claire's forgiveness because Liz was a crucial part in all this.

Liz had experience and helped Claire more than she could ever imagine. There were things that came up that Claire had no idea what to do but with Liz's little guidance, everything worked out just fine. It was such a relief to have her mother helping her. It was like this huge weight is off her shoulders.

Claire then thought about what was going to happen today. Today, or later when it was actually a somewhat decent time, is her first day back to school. Claire was completely dreading it. Her and Madelyn had bonded during their time together and Claire couldn't imagine being separated from her.

Liz has a friend from high school, Sarah, that's going to be the 'nanny' for Madelyn until she's old enough to go to a day care. Claire tried to convince her mother to let her stay home for a little while longer but she wasn't hearing it.

"Mommy's going to miss you so much" Claire whispers kissing the top of her now sleeping child's head. "I love you but mommy has to get some sleep too" Claire whispers standing up before she could fall asleep in the chair. She gently sets Madelyn down and collapses in bed, lazily throwing the covers over her instantly falling asleep.