*Chapter Forty Nine* {Homecoming}

*Nice and long, just like I promised. I have technically skipped Smells like Teen Spirit, Ghost World, and Ordinary People. The previous couple chapters took place during these events but since they were in Portland and not directly in the episodes I 'skipped' them. If that makes sense. Enjoy!*

Claire felt exhausted yet energized at the same time

Claire felt exhausted yet energized at the same time. It was a complicated mix. Completing the bond with Klaus felt different than completing it with Elijah. It felt more intense. The bond she shares with both of them felt stronger than just being bonded to one. She felt more in tune with the emotions. It didn't catch her off guard like the first time.

However, blocking two minds from hers proved to be challenging. It made her mentally exhausted. It was simply another thing added to her list. She still feared Mikael and what would happened. She feared for her loved ones in Mystic Falls. Her mind felt overrun, tired.

This over exhaustion lead Claire to take a nap during the day to find some relief. The naps helped. They helped the bond settle. Helped her mind grow stronger. Helped the emotions be more easily sorted.

Usually she napped with one of her mates but today she slept with Madelyn on her chest. Her body took up the couch, her hand resting protectively near Madelyn. Both of them asleep deep in their minds.

Elijah is in the office trying to keep tabs on what is happening in Mystic Falls. Making sure Claire's family is alright and protected. Making sure Rebekah is alright, though from what he has found out, she is more than alright. His heart swelled for his little sister.

Henrik sat in a chair to the right of the couch Claire and Madelyn are asleep on. He has a grimoire in his lap. He's studying the magic inside trying to get caught up. He remembers is soul traveling with Kol throughout the world leaning about magic. However, it is one thing seeing it on the Other Side and it's another practicing it in person, alive.

Klaus had moved the chair that was to the left of the couch over so it was facing the couch head on. He had an easel slightly to his right and paint on his left. His eyes gaze towards Madelyn and Claire. The moment Claire fell asleep he had grabbed his supplies. He had been wanting to paint her and found his chance.

Klaus couldn't remember a time he felt so content. Not only has he completed the bond with the love of his life but he's found werewolves to turn into hybrids. Portland was crawling with potential hybrids. With Elena's blood, he had instantly went to work creating his hybrids.

The hybrids meant more protection for Claire, for Madelyn. He also found out that the hybrid were sired to him, extremely useful. However, Klaus quickly found out that just because the hybrids would do anything for him because of the sire bond didn't mean he could treat them anyway he wanted. Claire quickly put a stop to Klaus's abuse to the newfound power.

She knew the hybrids didn't have a choice in being sired to Klaus and knew Klaus enjoyed that fact. If they were going to have to follow Klaus's every word then he was going to be nice. It annoyed Klaus but he'd rather be nice to the hybrids than have Claire mad at him.