*Chapter Seventy Nine*

"Claire" Megan calls out jogging towards her

"Claire" Megan calls out jogging towards her. Claire is spending the morning in the stables. It was early, very early but Claire could fall back asleep. She woke up feeling sick, just like the previous morning. She couldn't just lay in bed anymore, she needed to get moving. It seemed like the longer she was up and moving around the more the sickness and dizziness drifted away.

"Good morning" Claire greets smiling at her. "What can I do for you?" Megan opens the stall door. She grabs a brush and walks on the other side of the bay mare. She begins to leisurely brush the side of the horse but most of her attention is on Claire.

"Almost all of the hybrids have broken the bond" Megan mutters lowly knowing some of said hybrids were in the barn with them. Claire takes in the information and slowly nods.

"Do you have a number? Estimate?" Claire asks. Megan thinks about it for a moment.

"24 of the 30 I believe." Megan tells her. Claire nods again.

"How many of those are still loyal to Klaus?"

"Claire, Klaus forced us all to turn. Before you got on him about treating us fairly he used and took us for granted. He ripped us from our homes, sometimes even killing members of our families. The only ones loyal to Klaus are the ones who have no choice." Megan tells her.

"So the unsired follow Tyler" Claire assumes. Megan smiles at her and shakes her head. Claire frowns her eyebrows.

"Remember our last conversation?" Megan asks.

"Werewolves are loyal. We travel in packs and follow our Alpha. We crave leadership, a pack to belong in. Klaus is our alpha by the sire bond, we have to follow him but we choose to follow you. Klaus looks up to you, he listens to you and he loves you. You're our Luna, our alpha female, and to werewolves that's very sacred."

"It's not Klaus that we're loyal too, nor is it Tyler. We follow you. You and Klaus are together so we follow him as well but you, you're the one we're loyal too. Our Luna." Megan speaks breaking her from her thoughts.

"Megan, you don't have to be loyal to me. The ones that have broken the sire bond can leave. You have your free will. Go home, be with your family." Claire insists.

"The pack is our family, our Luna is our family." Megan stresses. "We'll return home if you want us to take some time to do it but we'll come back to you because that's what our instincts tell us to do. I know you don't understand but you're going to have to accept it." Megan tells her.

"Well, it will be entertaining to tell Klaus that his hybrids like me better" Claire mutters to herself. Megan grins softly. "But you'll follow Klaus as well?" She asks knowing it would annoy him, disappoint him if the hybrids just started to ignore him and not follow his orders.

"Yes but we'll follow you before him. If you two are in a disagreement you can trust us to back you up." Claire grins as she imagines Klaus's face when his beloved hybrids take her side, follow her orders. She didn't know if she should be enjoying the fantasy as much as she is.