*Chapter Forty Six*

"Well, the verdict's in

"Well, the verdict's in. The original witch says the doppelganger should be dead." Klaus said entering the science room with Claire where Caroline, Tyler and Rebekah were.

"Claire" Caroline relaxes and rushes to her sister. They hug tightly, neither of them were certain the other was safe but now they where and the relief felt amazing.

"Does that mean we can kill her?" Rebekah questions excitedly.

"No, I'm fairly certain it means the opposite." Klaus says. Rebekah complains but quickly restrains Caroline while Klaus moves closer to Tyler. "Call it a hunch." Klaus mutters. "Elena's blood" He tells Tyler holding up the test tube. "Drink it."

"No, no, no, Tyler, don't!" Caroline shouts. Claire gives her sister a small, comforting smile. While she didn't give two shits about Tyler, she loves her sister with all her heart and hated seeing her upset and scared like this.

"If he doesn't feed, he'll die anyway, love" Klaus informs her. "I'm alright with either, to be honest. I'd rather enjoy watching you die the horrible death that's coming to you but werewolves tend to be hard to find, so be a good boy and drink the blood. Consider this a experiment." Tyler looks at him not seeing any other choice.

Tyler takes the test tube of blood. Klaus smirks and moves over to Claire. He remembers how the others went rabid and he had to slaughter the lot of them. If this didn't work, Tyler would go rabid which would force Klaus to put him down before the wolf could get near Claire.

Klaus felt split. While he desperately wanted to make his hybrids and see if Elena's blood is in fact the key to everything, he wanted to watch Tyler die. He knew of the pain he had brought Claire, the pain he still brings her.

So, when he watched Tyler collapse to the ground, screaming in pain, he felt a decent amount of satisfaction. Even Claire felt like Tyler was getting what he deserved. He deserved the pain.

"Well, that's a good sign." Klaus mutters seeing Tyler's eyes turn golden, the veins thickening into the familiar vampire face. "Well, I say we get Elena to a hospital and get some blood." He smirks before glancing at Claire, who stands behind him. She grabs his hand, making it clear she wasn't leaving him. He relaxes, glad she wasn't going anywhere. He leans towards her, pressing a gentle kiss on her forehead.

"Claire" Caroline said gaining her sisters attention.

"I'll be home in a little bit." She said. Caroline obviously didn't want her going with Klaus but if there's one thing she's learned from Claire's relationship with Elijah, there was no stopping and no separating them.

"Be careful" Caroline said giving Klaus an uneasy look.

"Oh, don't worry, love" Klaus says. He continues to hold Claire's hand. He slips behind her and crosses his arm over her chest, their hands still linked together. His other hand wraps around her waist, keeping his mate firmly against his chest. "She's the most protected person in the world." He whispers before kissing Claire's shoulder. Claire smiles and melts back into his embrace. Rebekah rolls her eyes and leaves to get the doppelganger.