*Chapter Seventy Seven* {My Brother's Keeper}

Claire ran her hand down the red slim fit dress while looking in the full length mirror. Her hair is braided in a bun with a small section of hair hanging loose but she tucks it behind her ear. The tall black heals barely do anything for her height, she knew her mates would still tower over her, yet it brought the dress together.

 The tall black heals barely do anything for her height, she knew her mates would still tower over her, yet it brought the dress together

She smiled slightly at her reflection but it didn't really reach her eyes. While she felt satisfied with the way she looked, she knew she looked good, she didn't feel it. The moment she woke, her stomach felt like it was tearing itself apart. She felt nauseous. She made sure to steer clear of the kitchen afraid that the smell of the food Henrik was cooking would send her to the bathroom. If she moved too fast she felt as if the world was going to slip out from under her.

Though as she looked in the mirror, she looked fine. Her color looked good. She wasn't sweating. Her hands weren't trembling. Everything looking fine but it certainly didn't feel it. She didn't know what was going on and could only hope that whatever it is would pass.

Arms snaked around her waist causing her to jump. Despite looking in the mirror, she never saw him coming. His scent filled her nose and her body relaxed against his.

"What wrong?" He whispers in her ear looking at her reflection. He knew something was off, he and his brothers could feel it through the bond. If anything, startling her like he had only confirmed something was off.

"I'm fine" She said turning in his arms but spun too fast and stumbled. He tightens his grip around her. He leads her to the chair and sits her down. She sways slightly, closing her eyes.

"Wanna tell me the truth?" He asks. Slowly she opens her eyes. Kol smiles at her though he obviously looked concerned.

"I'm fine." She tells him grabbing his hand that rests on her leg. "Though I could use some water" She tells him.

"Elijah's bringing you a glass" He informs her having heard his older brother from the kitchen. "You look lovely" He compliments smiling at her. She grins and leans forward kissing his forehead. 

"Here you go, Elskan" Elijah says appearing with a tall glass of water. She smiles thankfully at him while sipping on the cool liquid. Elijah smiles back and places a gentle hand on her forehead. He frowns his eyes not feeling anything out of the ordinary. While that was good, it didn't explain her feeling of unease.

"I'm fine" She stress to the both of them. She sets the almost empty glass to the side. She stands up happy that she didn't sway this time. She gives them a look as if the non-swaying proved her point.

"Are you sure?" Elijah questions.

"I am." She promises him. "You both look very handsome" She said smiling at the pair of them. Kol didn't particularly like dressing up but this was a formal event. He knew if he didn't Caroline would get on Claire who would scold him in return. He wanted to avoid that. "Come on, we need to get going soon." She said walking out of the room.