*Chapter Sixty Three*

Finn pulls her out the door

Finn pulls her out the door. Stefan instantly separates him. He shoves Claire to the side miscalculating his strength. She slams into the wall, all the air in her lungs getting knocked out of her. Her head slams into the wall and she falls to the ground. Blood seeps from her head and she struggles to regain her breath.

Finn overpowers Stefan and snaps his neck. He goes towards Claire and kneels beside her. He can hear her heart pounding in her chest, smell the blood coming from her head.

"St-Stake" She stutters. Finn whips around. Claire pushes him towards it. He flashes to the side picking the stake up. Claire sits up slowly regaining her breath. The back door to the Grill opens. She doesn't see anybody but can see a crossbow pointed at Finn. "No!" She screams.

Finn's body turns towards the crossbow. The arrow is fired but something happens. The bow is pushed to the side causing the arrow to miss Finn all together. Claire's mate grabs the stake, races forward and rips the crossbow from the hands of Elena Gilbert. He then completely destroy's crossbow, growling at the doppelganger as he does so.

"Don't hurt her!" Claire shouts before Finn can move. His head snaps to her. She slowly stands up. He's by her side in an instant helping her. "Klaus still needs her blood for his hybrids." She mutters to him. Finn frowns but accepts his mates wishes.

"Are you alright?" Claire turns towards the voice and sees a timid Matt Donovan. Claire instantly smiles at him.

"I'm ok" Claire nods. Matt nods as well. He awkwardly shoves his hands into his pockets. "Thank you." She said. He looks at her. "You didn't have to intervene but you did. That means more to me than you know."

"What are friends for?" He asks smiling at her. Claire grins wider. She walks away from Finn and hugs him. "You can trust me" He assures her.

"I know that now." She whispers back. "Be careful, Matt" Claire said stepping away from him. "They don't take kindly to those who betray them." She warns. Matt sighs and slowly nods. "If they give you trouble, you come to me."

"Will do." He says.

"Princess" Finn calls. She turns to him. He holds his hand out to her. He wanted to return home. He didn't want to be out here any more. He wasn't sure if they would attack again.

"Stay safe" Claire said looking at Matt one more time.

"You too" He nods to her. She smiles before returning to Finn. He pulls her close. He nods his thanks to Matt before scooping her in his arms and racing her home. The instant they arrive, the rest of Claire's mates practically bombard her. Klaus, Elijah and Henrik had felt the air leaving Claire's lungs and the cut forming on her head. Kol hadn't felt it seeing as they have yet to complete the bond but he knew something had happened from his brothers.

"Relax, I'm fine." Claire assures them. Elijah stands behind her, searching her head for the wound. She winces. Klaus instantly bites into his wrist and gives it to her. Knowing she had no other choice, she takes it and drinks. Elijah continues to inspect the back of her head and soon his inspection doesn't hurt anymore.