*Chapter One Hundred and One*

It's well passed midnight

It's well passed midnight. Despite that fact, Claire couldn't find it in herself to fall asleep. She isn't the only restless one in the house. She wonders if anybody is asleep.

She knows Klaus is in his art room and Finn is in the library. She saw Henrik's light shinning under his door, she didn't know what he is doing but he's up as well. Elijah's study door is closed, it's only ever closed if he is in it. Kol isn't even in the house, he's rarely home.

Caroline's decided to move in permanently. Even she's awake, talking quietly on the phone. Claire figured it's Rebekah she's talking too. Rebekah's basically lives with Asher and his family. Caroline's been keeping her up to date on everything that's been happening. Not much has happened if Claire's honest.

Theodore's been buried for almost a month, it's basically been silent after that. Everyone's walking on eggshells around Claire and especially Kol. All the hybrids have had their necks snapped at least once by him for the simplest of things, they learned to just steer clear.

The kitchen light blinds Claire the moment she turns it on but only for a moment. Her eyes are quick to adjust. She walks over to the coffee pot. She's never been a big coffee drinker, not until recently. She can't sleep, she doesn't want too.

Every time she closes her eyes she sees her babe, she sees Theodore. His unnaturally pale skin. His silent heart, his silence in general. She hears herself begging for him to come back to her, to make some type of movement but he never does. He never had a chance, the Ancestor's made sure of that.

Bonnie was right, Claire is smart. She figured out the reason behind her child's death. Claire knew it wasn't a natural death. Theodore had been kicking and moving up to the very end only to be born stillborn. It didn't take long for her to connect the dots, to figure out that the Ancestor's took her child because she took Kol. To say she is angry is an understatement but what can one do against the Ancestor's? How can one take revenge on the dead? Claire continues to try and find the answers to those questions.

In the mean time, she survives. Living seems too far-fetched, surviving is a better term. It's like she has to make a conscious decision to breath. Breath in. Breath out. She thinks the words to herself over and over.

While Claire survives, Kol massacres. After the death of his son, it was all too tempting to give into his blood lust. Without the calming voice of his mate, he gives into his desires and destroys everyone in his path. Entire towns, lost to his madness. The whole country lives in horror of his next attack.

Claire would never forgive herself for not being there for him. For not coaxing him back. For not sharing her grief and healing along side of him. She felt selfish for shutting him out. She didn't remember that she wasn't alone. She didn't have anybody to share her grief with when she lost Aaron, Tyler wasn't there and Caroline couldn't truly understand what she was going through. Claire regressed within herself forcing Kol to grieve in the only way he knew possible, blood.