*Chapter Sixty Eight*

"Finn" Sage whispered standing at the opposite end of the hallway

"Finn" Sage whispered standing at the opposite end of the hallway. Finn's head snapped towards her. She smiles and flashes in front of him. The instant she's close enough Finn wraps a hand around her throat and slams her into the school lockers. She gasps and claws at his wrist.

"You allied yourself with the man who kidnapped my mate." He growled tightening his grip on her. "Why?" He couldn't fathom why Sage is still in Mystic Falls. He told her to leave, he told her he didn't want to be with her, yet here she is.

"I wanted to show you that you're making a mistake" She struggled to tell him. Finn frowns his eyebrows. "With Claire."

"I spared you because of our history together. But now not only have you aided in the kidnapping of my mate but you've harmed her as well."

Sage wanted to talk to him. She wanted to get him to see things from her side. She spent over 900 years waiting for him and now all of the sudden he doesn't want her? She didn't want to give up that easily. She knows who Finn is, she knows everything about him. What did this 18 year old have that she didn't?

"I didn't want to do this but you've hurt my mate and I can't allow you to live." Sage's eyes widened. Finn ripped her daylight ring off and tossed her through the window and out into the sun. She screamed as her body crumbles to the ground.

"Finn." He turns his head seeing Elijah walking towards him hastily. "We're leaving." He told him.

"What about Alaric?" Finn questioned following him towards the exit of the school.

"He's too strong to kill. However, Klaus has found a loophole." Elijah informs him.

"And Claire?" Finn asked.

"Already home with Kol." Elijah assures. Finn nods and the two brothers speed back to the mansion.

Similar to the first life threatening situation Claire went through, Claire's motherly instincts and protectiveness skyrocketed. The instant Kol got her home, she went straight to Madelyn and hasn't left her side since. Kol and Henrik, of course, refused to leave his mates side.

They knew Claire isn't as ok as she says she is. They can feel her fear but she's trying to push it away. All she wants to do is forget about the day and have fun with her baby. However, she found that very hard since three of her mates are still at the high school with Alaric.

Only when they returned, unharmed, did she fully relax. However, she knew Alaric is still out there and the sun won't be up long. Klaus assures her that Alaric won't be a problem for much longer.

"What is Elena doing here?" Claire asks holding Madelyn on her hip. Elijah had tried to take her only to stop at the fierce warning look Claire gave him.

"She is the key to stopping Alaric" Klaus informs her. "Our dear mother tied his life to hers so if she dies so does Alaric. So, I plan on draining her of her blood which will eventually kill her. I'll have blood for my hybrids and Alaric will be dead." Klaus shrugs. "Simple enough." He smirks.