Chapter 20: down on one knee

Although Alastor never didn't smile when he wasn't around Charlie, this time he was incredibly nervous. It had been two months since they had gotten back from earth, and alastor had a very important question to ask of Charlie.

He recalled the events that had lead up to this that night.

"YOUR DOING WHAT?!" Angel shouted. "Hush! She'll hear you!" Alastor told him. Angel laughed. "Wow! She's gonna become mrs.strawberry pimp!"

"She might say no angel. She might actually want to break up with me." Alastor said sadly, still the smile stayed.

Angel rolled his eyes. "Are you marrying her to get into the royal family?" Angel asked.Alastor shook his head no. "Do you love her with all your heart?" Angel asked. Alastor nodded his head yes.

"She loves you, I don't see any reason why she would say no." Angel explained. "How are you so good at this stuff?" Alastor asked the spider demon. Angel shrugged and went off to get drunk.

Now there the two where, laying in the middle of the plain of there first date, talking and looking at the sky. Charlie was pointing out things in the sky. Alastor was sweating like a dog.

"Um...my dear I need to ask you something." Alastor told her. "Sure what is it al?" Charlie asked. Alastor chuckled, and stood. Charlie followed suit.

Alastor gulped and took her hands in his. "Charlie mange, I've known you for 14 months, and they have been the best months of my death. So...Charlie mange, will you please do me the honor.."

He got down on knee, and Charlie covered her mouth in shock and tears ran out of her eyes. "Charlie will you marry me?" Alastor asked, with a ring in his gray fingers. Charlie didn't even have to think about it.

"Yes yes yes a million times yes!" Charlie screamed. Alastor's smile grew and he put the ring on her finger. Charlie tackled him in a hug. They both laughed and they kissed. Charlie buried her face in the crook of his neck.

Alastor laughed and sent a huge fireball into the sky. Charlie opened a portal back to the hotel, and was immediately bombarded with congrats. Of course angel wanted to know a very important detail. "KIDS?!" He asked. Charlie and Alastor blushed. "Maybe one or two. Well see."

The doors burst open and the king and queen stood there. The queen ran over to her daughter and gave her a huge hug, meanwhile the king walked over to his now son in law. "You didn't ask for my approval?" The king asked.

"Daddy please! I just got married!" Charlie cried. Alastor blushed at Charlie saying daddy and he quickly turned around before the king could notice.  The queen noticed however, but didn't say anything. 

"Charlie my dear I love you, but you do realize what happens to people of the royal family who get married right?" Satan asked. Charlie sighed and nodded.she was not ready for this.

"What? What happens?" Alastor asked. Satan rolled his eyes. "You will become the new king alastor." Satan said to much avail. Alastor's eyes widened. He was going to be part of the royal family after all.

"Charlie you'll take the throne after your wedding. I love you so much sweetheart." The king and queen left, and left Charlie with an angry look. "Sweetie?" Alastor asked. She grumbled and went over to the bar, grabbed a beer and chugged it. "Since when in the hell does Charlie drink?!" Angel asked. "Since my dad became a total dickwad!" Charlie shouted.

Alastor breathed out. "Ok let's not let my father in law ruin this. Charlie we need to celebrate!" Alastor picked Charlie up and spun her around, not giving a crap if anyone saw.

Charlie laughed and alastor put her down. The two rushed outside hand in hand, soon they slowed to a walk, just walking. Then something was brought onto his mind. "Charlie?" he asked. "yeah al?" She asked. "well two things my dear, one, NO DOGS." Alastor begged. 

Charlie laughed. "of course! no dogs!" Charlie agreed. "and the second one my dear, if I where to become a dad, guess what that means..." he told her. 

Charlie thought for a second. Then her face went pale. "no.." she said. Alastor smiled a playful smile. "DAD JOKES!" "no!!!" Charlie quickly started running, but alastor gave a flick of his hand, and a shadow tentacle grabbed her and brought her back to him.

"My darling, why are you running?" Alastor asked seductively. Charlie blushed and just looked away. he snapped and the tentacle let her go. "Come now, lets go home." and the two started there way back home.