part 2

"Fear cuts deeper than swords." ― George R.R. Martin, A Game of Thrones

Sophie's POV

"Hello sweetie, how may I help you?" One of the ladies at a desk nicely said. And they have friendly office workers too, must be a great school.

"Umm, I'm a new student." I shyly said.

"Okay, name?" She asked opening a file drawer.

"Morgan Smith. Or it could be under Sophie Smith." I said. Morgan is my real name but I've learned to hate it because of my father. My mom loved the name Sophie so I go by that now.

"Ah, here Morgan Smith." She said, "Do you want to be called that or Sophie?" She asked.

"I prefer Sophie."

"Okay you'll just have to tell your teachers. And here's a test which will help us make your classes." She handed me a packet and pencil.

"Okay." I grabbed the packet and pencil.

I sat down in one of the chairs and started to answer the questions. I sucked at math because I only know as much as a fourth grader would. The reading and English were easy because I know everything about books. The science and social studies was logic so it wasn't that hard. I finished the last questions and gave the test back to the lady.

"Thank you. You can sit and wait until we have made your schedule." I nod and sit down grabbing my book from my bag to read.

"Nash!" The office lady yelled. A very good looking boy came out.

"Yes Mrs. Taylor?" He asked. I saw a badge around his neck that said Office Aide.

"Can you run this test and make a schedule?" She said. "Oh and honey what do you want your elective to be?" She asked me.

"Doesn't matter." I said. Nash nodded looking at me and walked off.

A few minutes later Nash came out with my schedule and handed it to me.

"I gave you the same elective as me so you would know someone." He smiled.

"Thanks." I smiled back.

"No problem. Schools going to start soon so do you want me to show you to your first class?" He asked.

"Yea sure." I said and he looked at my schedule.

"Oh we have the same class." He said. "I'll show you to your locker too."

We walked down to the first floor and went to locker #373.

"Here, do you know how to use a lock?" He asked.

"No." I said. Ugh I sound so idiotic.

"Really? What school did you go to before?" He asked as he put in my combination.

"Um, uh one in Nebraska." I lied.

"Oh did you just move here?" He asked pulling open the locked door.

"Yea last week." I said as I put my things into my locker then slamming the door shut.

We started to walk down a long hall.

"Where do you live? I hope that's not too werid." He laughed.

"It's okay, I live near this lake." I sorta lied.

"Me too! Lake Norman right?" He asked.

"I guess." I shrugged. So he must live in one of those big houses.

"Anyway here's biology, and sorry for asking so many questions." He stopped at a door.

"Thanks Nash." I smiled.

"No problem, Sophie right? Or Morgan?" He asked.

"Sophie." I said.

"Okay well I'll see you in class!" He ran to a group of boys in the room.

I took a breath and walked in. Here goes nothing...

__________________________

You can send me edits for the story! On Instagram using the hashtag #magc0neverythingedit the 0 is a zero!

And follow @sydnaifanfiction for looks!