part 40

"Faith is the absence of peace, and reflection of fear." ― Lionel Suggs

I screamed dropping my glass. He disappeared.

I heard footsteps and saw Uncle Chad running down with a bat.

"Sophie?" He looked at the glass. "Are you okay?"

"Yea i just had a nightmare and went to get water and dropped my glass." I said looking down at my bloody feet.

"Here." He picked me up, setting me on the counter and cleaned up the glass mess. He looked at my feet.

"You have a lot of glass in your feet. I can't get them all out. Stay here." He runs upstairs and comes down dressed and grabs the car keys. He picks me up and places me, laying down in the back seat.

We stop at the hospital and they get a wheelchair to wheel me in. We zoom through the halls and I see Cam on crutches in the hall.

"Sophie?" He looks confused and we go past him. I hear his crutches behind us. "Wait!"

I go into a room and they close the door. Seconds later I hear Cam banging on the door and a nurse yelling at him.

"Sir, calm down. She's perfectly fine. Just pulling glass out of her feet." The noises stop and they start pulling out the glass. I scream from the pain.

"Shouldn't you give her a numbing shot?" Uncle Chad says from the side.

"I thought she could handle it but if you insist." He stabs a shot in each foot and I scream and cry because it hurts. Soon my feet are numb and I heard each piece of glass being set on a tray.

"All done. We just need to stitch up a few big cuts and you'll be all set." The doctor says and I nod.

When he's done they open the door and Cam comes in.

"Hey, what happened?" He asked looking at my feet.

"I dropped a glass." I laughed and he just shook his head.

"Be more careful." He sat down in a chair.

"I can't believe the amount of times we go to the hospital." I laugh looking at the ceiling.

_______________________

Short chapter because the last one was super long lol.