part 11

"There are two kinds of fears: rational and irrational- or in simpler terms, fears that make sense and fears that don't." ― Lemony Snicket

Sophie's POV

It's been a month since my dad came home. Cam and I got an A on our project. Nash and I slayed in the play for theater. Liv and Tyler are official. Everything is good.

It was late at night and my dad has come home from 'work'.

"MORGAN!" He yelled. Uh oh.

I ran downstairs to see a more than drunk man.

"Dad are you okay?" I ask.

"WHO CARES, I FEEL FINEEE!" He slurred.

"Dad your not fine." I walked over to help him.

"GET AWAY YOU *******!" He yelled pushing me on the ground. I hit my head, hard.

"DAD STOP!" I cried thinking about my mom.

"NEVER, I DONT NEED YOU SO YOUR BETTER OFF DEAD!" He yelled kicking me over and over.

Cameron's POV

I was sitting on my balcony enjoying the lake view with Nash. I looked over at Sophie's house to see a single light.

"Dude do you heard that screaming?" Nash asked. I listened to the air.

"Yea where's it coming from?" I look around.

"Probably that trash house." Nash pointed to Sophie's house. Crap. I quickly got up and ran to Sophie's house, Nash close behind.

"Dude what the ****!" He yelled panting.

"Thats Sophie's house!" I screamed back at him running faster than ever.

"What?" He asks confused.

"I'll explain later." I yell as I quickly open the door and find a middle aged man beating up a young girl. Sophie.

"GET OFF OF HER YOU ****!" I screamed prying him off of Sophie.

Nash came in and his face dropped, he ran to Sophie holding her as she cried and coughed up blood. I have to move fast.

I started to beat everything out of her dad. One punch for her mom. One kick for her sister. Two more kicks for her. It went on and on until one last punch knocked him out.

I went over to Sophie and picked her up bridal style.

"Nash call 911 and wait here. Tell them I'm on my way and that you have the criminal." I said and he nodded.

I started to run faster than I ever knew I could to the hospital. The self moving doors opened the the lady at the front desk asks,

"Are you Cameron and Sophie?"

"Yes my friend Nash called." I set her on the gurney as the doctors rolled her off. Away from me.

I sat in the waiting room only to wait the longest three hours of my life.

_____________________

Please tell me your thoughts on the story so far!!