part 18

"I often find that people confuse inner peace with some sense of insensibility whenever something goes wrong. In such cases inner peace is a permit for destruction: The unyielding optimist will pretend that the forest is not burning either because he is too lazy or too afraid to go and put the fire out." ― Criss Jami

Sophie's POV

"There's a little problem..." She starts. "One of your tubes is closed up or flattened so you are un able to have children." She says sadly.

My heart stops. I feel my eyes tear up. I never really thought about having kids but I'm still sad.

"What?" I say my tears now rolling down my face.

"Only one of your tubes is closed and the other will close soon. It seems because of an injury." She pauses. My dad kicked me there too when I was little.

"You can still have children. We can surgically remove and egg and add the other thing (A/N I don't want to explain this all 😂) and place it in another person who can carry the baby for you." She explained. She also explained the whole 'process' that I never knew about. I was happy I could still have a child with my genes but I won't get to experience pregnancy but I'm a little okay with that.

"Is there any chance I could carry a baby?" I ask trying to take in all this weird information.

"Yes but its unlikely." She says and I slowly nod. The nurse leaves saying a doctor will come by to finish this visit.

"Oh honey come here." Gina says with her arms opened. I hugged her back and we stayed like this until the doctor came in with a tray which didn't look pleasant.

"In the last 5 years, you should have taken these 8 shots so we can give them all to you today." He says. No. I HATE NEDDLES!

"Do I have too?" I back up.

"Yes now sit down." He comes closer. I decide to make a run for it but Cam grabs my waist and lays me down on the table. I try to fight him but he holds me down along with Gina.

"Okay stay still." He says grabbing one.

After three shots in each leg and one in each arm I was done with the doctor. I do not want to come back in a year. Cameron carries my bridal style because my legs hurt.

"Hope you'll be better Sophie! Here's a lollipop." The doctor smiles and hands me a big lollipop. Finally one good thing out of this visit. We head to the car and Cam places me in the back.

"You better share that with me." He smiles.

"Not a chance." I stick my tongue out unwrapping the lollipop.

"Hey I carried you!" He sits next to me instead of driving. Gina gets in the drivers seat and pulls out of the lot.

"So, I got 8 shots!" I whine.

"You better give me a lick!" He laughs and quickly licks the lollipop.

"HEY!" I punch his arm. "You infected it!" I sounded like a five year old.

"THEN I GET TO KEEP IT HAHA," he grabbed it out of my hands.

"Can you two stop acting like five year olds." Gina glared at us through the rear view mirror.

"Sorry." We laughed. Cam gave me back the lollipop but I didn't eat it.

We finally arrived back at the house and my legs still hurt so Cam carried me inside. Nash was walking towards us.

"Did I miss something?" He asks looking at us.

"No she just got shots in her legs and it hurts." Cam explains.

"Are you sure it was just shots?" Nash asks moving his eyebrows.

"NASH!" I hit him. "STOP THINKING THE NASHTY!"

"Sorry! So can I come in?" He asks laughing.

"Yea sure." Cam says caring me with Nash behind us.

Cameron's POV

Nash and I were hanging out in my room while Sophie took a nap in her room.

"So how was the doctor visit?" Nash asked.

"Not too good." I looked down.

"What happened man?" Nash patted my back.

"Sophie was already scared enough. But the doctors just had to bring bad news." I sighed.

"She can't have children.. Well unless you do all the surgical stuff." I sighed again.

"Poor Soph. Why is her life so hard?" Nash sighs as well.

"She defiantly doesn't deserve it." I say and Nash agrees.

"Well I'll see you at school tomorrow." Nash gets up and leaves.

To be honest, I really like Sophie. I don't know if Nash does but he doesn't show it much. I want to ask her to be my girlfriend but I'm afraid how she'll act so I'm just waiting for the right moment.

I took off my shirt and slipped on my pajama pants. I quietly crept to Sophie's room and slid under the covers next to her so if she has a bad dream, I'll be right here.

_______________________

Aww! Hope your enjoying the story so far! 😘 Make sure to follow my Instagram @magc0neverything (the 0 is a zero) and @sydnaifanfiction for colleges of Sophie's outfits!!