part 38

"That which one fears, one typically won't embrace with open arms." ― Morgan Rhodes, Falling Kingdoms

Sophie's POV

I woke up and started to get ready for school. I quickly dressed and ran downstairs to see Cameron and Gina looking at a stack of papers.

"Hey guys." I say going over to them.

"Hey Soph." Cam says tiredly.

"What's wrong?" I frown.

"We have papers for your legal guardian. You dad is the only person listed so I can't sign it." Gina says and my heart drops.

"D-do I have to go back to him?" I start to freak out.

"No, he'll never get near you." Cam hugs me.

"We just need to go to the child services and explain our situation." Gina says and I nod.

"Who's going to be my guardian?" I ask.

"Well I talked with Chad and he said he will with Elizabeth." Gina says.

"Do I move in with him then?" I ask.

"Thats what we were trying to decide." Cam says sadly.

"You are skipping school to come with me." She says and I nod following her to her car.

I sit in the back and Cam sits with me. We pick up Chad and Elizabeth and drive to the place. We walk up to a window.

"How may I help you?" The lady asks.

"We need to make someone a legal guardian." Gina says and the lady hands us a clipboard with papers.

"Have the guardian fill this out and someone will be with you shortly." She says and we sit in the chairs. I wish Nash was here, he would know how to entertain us.

Uncle Chad filled out the packet and a another man came out of an office.

"Sophie's guardian case?" He asked and we all stood up and went into his office.

"So whats the problem?" He asks folding his hands on his desk. I tell him my story about my 'dad' and how Chad is my Uncle.

"Do you want Gina or Chad to be your guardian?" He asks.

"We already decided me." Chad said handing him the clipboard. The man flips through reading some pages.

"And you live with the Dallas'?" He asks not looking up.

"Yes." I say looking at Cam.

"Okay hold on." He gets up and returns with a folder. "This is all your information." He hands it to me.

I slowly open the top and the first paper is a birth certificate. Everyone looks over my shoulder to see. I see my name printed in the middle, Morgan Mae Smith. My birthday is April 6, 1998. (A/N: Since Cam is 17 he was born in 1997. His birthday is the same as real life and Sophie is almost 17.)

"Hey your birthdays coming up." Cam says and I nod.

My weight was 4lbs 2oz and it says I was born three months early. The next paper was my legal information and the next two were about my parents. The last was a death certificate for my mom so I closed the file.

"Okay we just need to add Chad and your dad needs to be removed." He says and leaves the office to do so.

He comes back and Chad signs the papers.

"Last thing, will you live with the Grier's or the Dallas'?" He asks and my heart stops. I couldn't chose!

"Um I can't chose." I say.

"That's okay. Your legal address will be the Grier's but you can stay wherever. You will get all your mail, packages, and school papers at the Grier's." He says and we thank him and leave.

"Sophie where do you want to live?" Chad asks.

"I could never chose. I love you both and I just don't know." I say.

"You can stay with us. Its only fair." Chad says and I turn to look at Cam.

"Thats true but what about Cameron and Gina?" I ask.

"They live so close you can visit whenever. I will always let you go." Chad looks into my eyes and I start to tear up.

"O-okay." I cry and turn to Cam. We hug and I cry onto his shoulder.

"I-Im sorry C-Cam." I cry uncontrollably.

"Sophie, look at me." He grabs my face. "You'll be fine. It's just like normal boyfriends and girlfriends, just visit me whenever."

"Okay and thank you. Thank you for everything." I hug him and Gina.

"It's okay honey." Gina strokes my hair.

"Let's get your things." Chad says and everyone starts to take everything I own and bring it to the Grier's.

It was about 2 so Nash and Hayes came home from school. We hold them everything and they started hauling things too.

We finished an hour later and I said my goodbyes and went into my new home...

______________________

So sad😔