part 64

"I must say a word about fear. It is life's only true opponent. Only fear can defeat life. It is a clever, treacherous adversary, how well I know. It has no decency, respects no law or convention, shows no mercy. It goes for your weakest spot, which it finds with unerring ease. It begins in your mind, always. One moment you are feeling calm, self-possessed, happy. Then fear, disguised in the garb of mild-mannered doubt, slips into your mind like a spy." ― Yann Martel, Life of Pi

Sophie's POV

It's been two days since I was released from the hospital. I'm going back to school today and I just can't deal with Cam. I struggled to get dressed and Nash drove me to school. We walked inside and he helped me with my locker and carried my books for me. We walked into first period and sat down. Cam came in a little later and sat next to me.

"Okay class, today we will be doing partner work." Mrs. William says and everyone looks to there friends. "I have your partners already assigned."

She starts calling out partners and I hold my breath, waiting for my name.

"Okay Sophie Grier anddd." She paused and I felt like I was going to die. "Cameron Dallas." She says and I suck in a bunch of air. I few people look at me and other girls give me looks. The bell rang and I grabbed my books and ran to my next class.

Lunch

Cam still sits at our table for lunch but I always ignore him. I feel bad sometimes but then I just remember that he kissed Clair.

"Soph, um do you want me to go to your house or do you want to come to mine for the project?" Cam asks quietly and everyone at the table looks at me. I was staring at my food and twisting my fork around. I lift my head up to look at him and slam my fork down and walk out. I'm pretty sure everyone in the cafeteria was watching me. I lay my back on some lockers and slide to the ground.

"You know you don't have to exaggerate about everything." I hear a voice say. Nash. He sits next to me.

"I know. I'm just confused about everything he's done." I rub the sides of my head.

"Just give him another chance." He says and the bell rings.

After school

I struggle to open my locker and some of my books fall on the floor. By now everyone had cleared the hall way. I sigh and try to pick up the books.

"Need help?" I hear a voice say. I look at the shoes in front of me. Cam.

"Um a little." I say and he picks up my things and puts them in my bag. He closes my locker and puts my bag over his shoulder. Maybe I should listen to Nash.

"So, your house?" I ask and he smiles.

"Sure." He smiles and we walk to his car. I text Nash that I'm going to Cam's.

"Sorry about the way I've been." I say while he drives.

"Its fine. I shouldn't have done that." He says and we arrive at his house. He opens the front door and we walk in.

"Hey Cam." I hear Gina say as she walks towards us. "Oh. I didn't know you were coming over Sophie." She smiles at me.

"Yea." I smile.

"Its nice to see you here." She says and we go upstairs.

Night

It was around 11:30 when I heard my phone go off. I picked it up and unlocked it, the bright screen flashing me.

Unknown number: Better watch out...

I was confused so I just ignored it and went back to sleep.

Nash's POV

I woke up to get some water because my throat was dry. When I went to the kitchen, there was a fire starting by the oven. I didn't think we even had it on? My first indict was to grab Skylynn. I ran to her room and put her on my shoulders. I woke up Hayes and we ran to Sophie's room.

"SOPHIE, THE HOUSE IS ON FIRE!" I screamed and she sat up and jumped out of bed.

We ran to my parents room and the followed us outside. We called 911 and soon a firetruck came. The fire was small so they were able to put it out and we could go back inside. Our oven was ruined but at least we were all okay.

Sophie's POV

I know who that message was from. My dad. He said that he would kill me. I think he started that fire.

_______________________

Sorry for the short chapter!