part 17

"I know what I'm capable of; I am a soldier now, a warrior. I am someone to fear, not hunt." ― Pittacus Lore, The Rise of Nine

Cameron's POV

I woke up in the middle of the night to screaming. I quickly hopped out of bed and ran to where the noise was coming from. Sophie's room. I pushed the door open and saw her sitting up breathing heavily.

"Another bad dream?" I ask wrapping my arms around her.

"Y-yea, my dad. He-he um." And she started crying again.

"Shhh, it's okay he can't hurt you anymore." I say stroking her hair.

"B-but what if he comes back?" She says looking up at me with teared eyes.

"Then I'll protect you." I say. We both laid down together and fell asleep.

Sophie's POV

After school Cameron picked up Gina and we drove to the doctors office. I sat down in the waiting room with Cam while Gina filled out forms.

"Cam I'm scared." I say grabbing his hand shaking.

"Soph, you'll be fine. I've been here a million times and its literally takes only 30 minutes." He says calming me down.

Soon a nurse came out with a clipboard. "Sophie Dallas?" She says. I look at Gina.

"Sorry its a habit to write Dallas, do you mind?" She asks and I shake my head. It doesn't matter.

We walk down a long hallway and the nurse tells me to take off my shoes so I do. Then she tells me to step on an object, a scale. I step on it and she flicks little pieces left and right until the beams are balanced.

"Okay your weight is 75 pounds." She says and I step off.

We then do to a wall with little markings and she tells me to stand against it. She touches the top of my head and steps back.

"Your height is 5'2." She writes on the clipboard. "Step into room 36 and a doctor should be with you shortly." We nod and go to the room.

"Sophie, you weigh nothing." Cam laughs.

"Oh shut it." I roll my eyes.

"Cameron! Leave her alone." Gina yells and sits down in one of the blue chairs. "Sophie just ignore him and sit up there." She points to the bed looking table with a sheet of paper on it. A man walks through the door.

"Hi, Sophie right?" He smiles and I nod.

"Okay so we need to do a check up. And I heard you haven't been to a doctor in 5 years?" He asks and I nod again. I don't think I can talk I'm so nervous. He grabs the clipboard and reads off of it.

"So Sophie, it looks like you are in the lower percentile for kids your age but that normal with your condition." He says. (A/N Her stomach it flattened remember?)

"Okay I'm just going to listen to your heart." He gets this thing around his neck and grabs my arm putting the end to my chest. I gasp a little frightened.

"It's okay I don't bite." He laughs. I look at Cam who wears a blank face, just staring at me.

"Breathe in. Breathe out." He said over and over moving the position of the thing.

"Great. Now I'm just going to get a nurse to check your insides." He smiles and leaves. I let out a sigh. A few seconds later the same nurse comes in.

"Hey Sophie. I'm just going to make sure everything is okay inside your body." She says, "Lay down and tell me if anything hurts." I nod and lay down.

She lifts up my shirt a little and starts to press on my stomach in different areas. Then she feels around my sides and then tells me to sit up. I do and she starts to feel my throat. She makes a swallow while pinching my neck.

"Okay your all good. Now I just need to check your ears and throat again." She takes a light and looks into my ears pulling on the lobe. Then she takes a stick and pushes down my throat. I gag a little and she takes the stick out.

"Almost done. Now I just need to check your bladder." She says and looks over at Cam who quickly turns and faces the wall. I push my pants down a little and she asks questions while pushing down like she did to my stomach.

"Have you gotten your menstrual cycle yet?" She asks and before I can answer, Gina speaks up.

"No and that what I wanted to ask, should she have got it yet?" She says.

"Yes but some are late but we can run some tests if you want." The nurse says.

She walks out and I pull my pants up.

"Cam you can look now." I say and he slowly turns around.

"Don't you dare say anything." Gina points at him and he lifts his hands up in surrender. The nurse comes back.

"Sophie will you follow me?" I jump off the table and follow her to another room with Gina and Cam close behind.

"We are going to do something like an x-Ray so just lay down on the table." She says and I do that. After about 10 minutes she comes back in and leads us back to the room.

"There's a little problem..." She starts.

_____________________

I'm posting the next chapter in five minutes because I can't just leave you hanging lol 😉