part 49

"I am terrified by this dark thing That sleeps in me; All day I feel its soft, feathery turnings, its malignity." ― Sylvia Plath, Ariel

Sophie's POV (Last week of school A/N: Sorry about the skip)

I quickly dress and drive to school with Hayes. Forgetting to eat. I met with Liv and we walked to first period. Classes zoomed by and I was now in math with Cam. We are almost to grade level math now.

"Sophieee." Cam whispered while we were working.

"Whatttt" I copied his tone.

"Come to my house over school?" He smiled.

"Sure." I pecked his lips when the teacher wasn't looking and he just sat there.

"Tease." He muttered and I kicked him under the table.

"Ow!" He whisper yelled and I rolled my eyes. I love him.

After school I texted Aunt Elizabeth that I was going to Cameron's. I drove there and walked inside. Cam was on the couch with his mom and another girl. I wasn't worried so I just walked over.

"Sophie!" Cam smiled his amazing smile.

"You just saw me two minutes ago!" I laugh and we hug. I look over at the girl and she looks familiar. I think I saw her in a photo before.

"Sophie, this is my sister Sierra." She stands up to hug me.

"I've heard so much about you!" She says and I glance at Cam who turns red. "He never stops talking about you." She laughs and Cam face palms his head.

"I haven't heard much about you, but you seem really nice." I smile. We all talk for a while and Cam interrupts.

"Okay enough talking." He gets up and pulls me up with him. We walk to his room and he closes the door. He leans his lips into mine and we start to kiss.

"I've been waiting all day for this." He says in between kisses and I smile into the kiss. We sit down on his bed and I put my arms around his neck. His hands gently trail up my back. We pull apart and hug.

"I love you Sophie. Your the best thing that ever happened to me." He says.

"I love you too Cam. Without you I would be dead." I say.

"Don't say that. Your alive in my arms and thats all I care about." He looks into my eyes.

I sigh, "I should be going." I get up and so does he. I kiss his lips again and we walk downstairs.

"Ooh what was going on up there." Sierra wiggles her eyebrows.

"Talking." Cam says.

"Well bye." I say walking out. I got into my car, not really mine its one of Uncle Chad's, and drive off.

I decided to just drive around. It was almost 8 at night. The red light turned green and I stepped on the gas. I heard a honk and slammed forward, my face hitting the steering wheel.

"What the?" I hold my head. No one was around except for the person in the car. The figure got out and opened my door.

"Finally I got you!" He says and I shiver. That voice. "Hello Sophie."

"Dad, what are you doing!" I scream as he pulls me out of the car.

"Where did you get a car like this!?" He points to the grey Lexus I was driving.

"From my new family." I rip my hand away, wiping the blood from my nose.

"WHAT?" He yells, slapping me. I clutch my cheek and he drags me into his car, leaving mine in a ditch.

"Let me out!" I scream pounding the door open.

"No! Now shut up. I need to say something now." He says.

"What are you talking about?" I cry, my head pounding.

"I want to tell you that I'm going to kill you." He smiles and I freak out. "Only rule is, you can't tell anyone."

"What if I do tell?" I cross my arms. I'd have to admit, I've gotten a few sass lessons from Skylynn so I could talk back now.

"Then I will kill everyone close to you. Starting with the little one." My face drops.

I swallow hard, "O-okay." The fear is coming back. I thought I was safe.

"I will do a series of things to kill you and if you survive them, good for you but I will keep trying to kill you." He smiles. I can't believe I actually call this 'criminal' my dad.

"Fine. Can I go now?" I ask and he nods. I have to watch my back now.

I walk to where my car was which was not to far. I drive out of the ditch and home. When I walk inside Nash and Uncle Chad stand up from the couch.

"Where were you!" Uncle Chad says firmly.

"Sorry, another car hit me." I kinda lie and his expression changes.

"I'm sorry are you hurt?" He hugs me and I whince.

"I'm fine, just whiplash." I say.

"I'll help you ice your back." Nash says and I shake my head no.

"No-no its fine. Just need some Advil." I say and go upstairs.

My life has just gone haywire... again.

________________________

If you don't understand what Sophie's dad means then I'll explain it. He will try to kill her in everyday possible until she dies. He's crazy I know lol