part 55

"The bravest person I know is afraid of the dark. She sleeps with a night lamp always, but if her friends are threatened? She suddenly thinks she's a bear twelve feet tall and attacks whoever scared her friends." ― Tamora Pierce, Cold Fire

Sophie's POV

When we finish the dinner, the waiters started to bring all the guests to a show area. We found seats and sat on the grass. Soon dancers filled the stage and did their dance thing.

When the show was over we were escorted back on the ship. Durning the night I couldn't fall asleep so I texted Cam.

Me: Cam are you up? I can't sleep

Cam😘😘: Yea I'm always up for you😉

Me: Wow, nice pick up line😂

Cam😘😘: I come to your room in 5

Me: Kk

I was wearing a tank top and black spandex shorts so I put on a Cameron Dallas sweatshirt and some black toms. I grabbed my phone and started to walk to the door. I heard a small knock and opened the door. Cam smiled. I closed the door behind we and we started to walk around the ship.

"I like your sweatshirt." He says.

"Of course you do, it's your merch." I laugh.

We made it to the deck and looked out at the island.

"Its beautiful isn't it." I say admiring the beauty.

"Yea, but not as beautiful as you." He says and we turn toward each other. Slowly we become closer, ready to kiss.

"Hey! You kids can't be out of your rooms past 11!" I voice yells. Cam grabs my hand and we start to run.

"Stop!" The voice yells, trailing behind us.

"Where do we go?" I say to Cam as we dodge lounge chairs.

"Somewhere to get rid of the guy." He says and we hop into a bar and crouch down. We hear the running footsteps past us and stand up.

"Wow that was close." I laugh as we climb out of the bar.

"Yea, let's go back to the rooms." He says and we carefully head back. We say our goodbyes and I open the door to the room as quiet as possible.

"Where have you been missy?" I harsh voice says. I turn to see Aunt Elizabeth on the couch.

"Umm." I trail out.

"I went to check on Skylynn and you were nowhere to be found! You can't leave this room past 11!" She whisper shouts at me.

"I just went out sheesh!" I say.

"Don't sass me! Why did you leave?" She comes up to me.

"I just went out with Cam okay!" I cross my arms over my chest.

"Without consulting me? Listen I know you've had it hard but you can't just break the rules!" She says.

"Why do you care! It's not like your my mom!" I sniffle.

"I'm your guardian now! So as your punishment you will stay in this room for the whole day tomorrow!" She says.

"What! But tomorrow's the last day were at the island!" I cry.

"Maybe you should have thought about your consequences when you broke the rules. And give me your phone." She says. I hand her my phone and she lays back on the couch.

I run to the bedroom and crawl into my bed and cry. The next morning I woke up with dry eyes and tear stained cheeks. I went to the bathroom and took a shower. I put on a black swimsuit with a flower crop top and jean shorts over. I put on light makeup and put my hair in a high ponytail. Even though I wasn't going anywhere, I wanted to look good. I walk out and go to the kitchen room. No one was here but I found a note.

Sophie,

We all went to breakfast and I am informing them of your punishment. I will bring back some food but stay in the room.

Aunt E

I sigh, ripping up the note. I hope Cam doesn't get in trouble. I shouldn't have mentioned him. I grab a magazine and start to read it. Twenty minutes later I hear the door open.

"Here's your food." Aunt Elizabeth says and starts to leave.

"Wait!" I shout and she turns around. "Is Cam in trouble too?" I ask.

"Yea." Is all she says and leaves. I grab the food and eat a little. I wasn't very hungry.

If Cam was punished too, he might be in his room. I slip on some flip flops and grab a water bottle. Aunt Elizabeth didn't leave me a key so I could get back in if I left. I opened the door and looked left then right. No one. I put the water bottle on the floor to keep the door open and run to the boys room. I knock and wait for an answer. Cam opens the door and hugs me.

"Sorry that we got in trouble." He says.

"No its my fault. I was caught." I say and we separate.

"What should we do?" He asks.

"I don't know. The door to my room is being propped open with a water bottle so I can't stay here." I say.

"Well we can be sneaky again." He winks.

"Whats the idea now?" I laugh.

"Well since this is the last day on the island, they would all be there right?" He starts and I nod. "We can go around the ship and go to the front desk, asking for a key to our rooms. Our names are under the room so they will give it to us. Sound good?" He says.

"Perfect!" I say. He closes his door and we go to my room. I take the water bottle out and we head to the front desk place.

"Hi, how may I help you?" The lady asks.

"We need new keys to our rooms." Cam says.

"Okay room number and I will need your license." She says.

"303 and 308." Cam says and we take out our lisences.

She checks our names and gives us keys.

"Here you go." She says and we thank her.

"See easy!" Cam smiles. We go to the deck and look at the island.

"Let's go down there!" I say.

"No, what if they catch us?" Cam says.

"If they do, they'll just punish us again. Its better than missing out the last day of the island!" I convince him.

"Fine." He says and I grab his hand and pull his to the island. I go to a place where I know he'll be happy.

________________________

Sorry for not updating! I was camping and of course there was no wifi😂 I'm glad to be back though!