part 35

"Everything might scatter. You might be right. I suppose it's something we can't easily get away from. People need to feel they belong. To a nation, to a race. Otherwise, who knows what might happen? This civilisation of ours, perhaps it'll just collapse. And everything scatter, as you put it." ― Kazuo Ishiguro, When We Were Orphans

Sophie's POV

We worked all night on the plan and here it is:

I go to the warehouse with a hidden camera on me. The camera will be linked to Cam and Nash who will be a block down hidden. They will send it to the police and they should come. I just need to distract her long enough so that she doesn't kill us both.

And if you haven't already guessed, the girl is Edith. The crazy girl from New York. We have a few other people in the plan so we called them up and they arrived. I ran to the door and greeted them. Them as in Magcon, The Griers, and Olivia.

"Ready?" They asked as Cam hooked the camera to me. I nodded. I'm scared out of my mind.

"You'll be okay. I'll just be a block down watching everything." He kisses me. We literally kiss for an hour before we hear someone cough. We let go and I blush.

"Sorry." I say and we drive to the place. I get out and they go to the spot. I make sure the camera is on and knock on the door.

"Oh hey!" Edith says pulling me in the warehouse and slams the door shut.

I see Gina tied up in a chair with duck tape over her mouth. He eyes go wide as if to say 'why did you come?' Edith shoves me into a chair and starts tying me to it. I whine as the ropes rip my skin.

"Okay. Well this is weird." She says sitting down eating out of a Chinese take out box.

"Yea a little. You kinda tied two people to chairs." I say sarcasticly.

"I don't know what Cameron sees in you." She sneers.

"More than you'll ever be." I roll me eyes and she slaps me. "Ow!" I yell.

"Maybe I should duck tape your mouth." She says.

It's been about an hour and we haven't really done much. I haven't gotten much out of her for Cam to send the video to the police. We need more evidence that she's phsyco.

"So what are you going to do?" I ask.

"You'll see." She gets up to a bag. She pulls out a.. Knife?!?!

"Umm could you maybe put that down?" I ask as she comes closer.

"Nope." She say and puts the tip to my throat. I start to worry. Will the cops ever come?

Cameron's POV

Edith isn't doing anything that I should warn the police about. We were all just waiting until I hear Sophie's panic voice. I look at the screen and smack Nash's leg to look.

"Dude she's gonna kill her!" I scream sending the video to the police saying where it is and what's happening.

I watch as Edith slowly drags the knife down Sophie's leg. Blood quickly surfaces and she screams in pain. I start to cry. I can't go in there or else she'll kill them both!

Sophie's POV

Blood was all over my leg. Either the knife pain or the blood loss will kill me before the police get here.

"Your crazy!" I scream and black out.

Cameron's POV

We heard the police sirens and followed them to the warehouse. After Edith was under gun, I ran to Sophie who was unconsious. I should have never let her do this. We untied my mom and then Sophie, running her to the ambulance that awaited.

"Here we got her." The lady says as I place Sophie on the bed in the back.

"Okay please save her." I cry as they shut the door, nodding and drove off. I hugged my mom crying into her shoulder.

"It's okay Cam." She cried too. I lifted my head up and saw the police dragging Edith into the car.

"It's all good guys, thanks." I say to all my friends who came to help. Every went home expect for the Grier's who drove to the hospital with us.

The doctors informed us that they will stitch up her cut and then she'll be fine. Just a lot of blood loss. I sat down next to Nash.

"She's always in the hospital." Nash sighs.

"It's torture." I say my eyelids dropping.

Sophie's POV

I opened my eyes in a moving vehicle.

"Where am I." I gasp for air trying to sit up.

"Honey, lay back down your going to the hospital." She say calmly.

"No I want to get out!" I scream pulling up.

"Lay down! You can't get up." All of the hold me down.

"Where's Cam." I say staying down this time.

"He's following us to the hospital." She says pouring liquid on my leg. It burns.

"Why is it so bright?" I ask. I look at the stinging bright light above me.

"Honey its pitch dark in here except for the small light." She looks confused. Everything is blurry.

"Its.. Its so bright." I say waving my arms around like an idot.

"NO NO! WERE LOSING HER!" She screams and I breathe out.

Cameron's POV

A doctor comes out after a while and we go up to him.

"Is she okay?" I ask my heart pounding.

"She's fine. Just make sure her stitches don't come out, room 15." He says. We all run to the room.

"Guys!" She screams and I hug her crying. "Don't cry Cam." She wipes my tears.

"I thought you were gone. I should have never have let you go." I kiss her head.

"It's okay. I'm perfectly fine. Except for the ugly scar." She sighs.

"Oh look, visitors." A nurse walks in. "And the scar will go away, just apply this cream." She hands Sophie a jar.

"Okay thanks." Sophie says.

"She's fine to go." The nurse says unhooking her IV. I pick her up and we go to the car.

The Grier's go home and we walk inside. I put Sophie on her bed and go to sleep next to her. Today has been the most stressful day I've ever had.

_____________________

Happy MLK day!