part 12

"Of course I'll hurt you. Of course you'll hurt me. Of course we will hurt each other. But this is the very condition of existence. To become spring, means accepting the risk of winter. To become presence, means accepting the risk of absence." ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Manon, Ballerina

Cameron's POV

Nash came to the hospital an hour later. He told me the cops took Sophie's dad away. He's going to jail and I know it.

"At least she'll be away from that dirtbag." I sighed into my hands.

In the time we waited for the doctor I told Nash everything. He finally understood. After what felt like forever, a doctor came out.

"Sophie Smith?" I quickly stood up and walked over to him.

"Is she okay?" I asked trying not to cry.

"She has made her stomach condition worse. She needs someone to remind her to eat because at this point she can not feel hunger at all. She also has a mild concussion which will leave her here for at most five days. She's awake and okay at the least. You can go see her if you want, room 261."

"Thank you." I say. Nash waved me to go alone so I made my way to her room.

I slowly opened the door. She was lying in bed with a black eye and swollen face. Her head was wrapped and her body was covered with a blanket.

"Hey Soph." I say sitting on a chair.

"Hey Cam. Thanks for everything you did back there. I don't know what I would've done without you." She smiled.

"Don't thank me, I will always be there for you." I starred into her eyes. I remember our first kiss, which was an accident. It was amazing though, I felt sparks. We never really talked about it. And I honestly love her. She is absolutely perfect.

"I don't know what to do now." She laughed looking down, playing with the IV cords stuck in her arm.

"Well your dad is going to jail. He can't hurt you anymore." I said.

She looked up smiling. "Thats good." Then she frowned again. "But I won't have a home anymore. I can't do anything by myself."

"Hold on." I said and walked out of the room. I called my mom and told her Sophie's life story. Then I asked her what to do.

"She can live here. I always liked her she is very sweet. And I don't know why her life had to be this way. Tell her she's welcomed." My mom said.

"Thank you mom!" I said happily.

I walked back in the room. Sophie looked at me, "I thought you just left me, you were gone for an hour." She laughed.

"One I would never leave you and two your problems are solved." I said holding up one and two fingers.

"You can live with my mom and I! Everything will be taken care of okay?" I said.

"Okay." She smiled.

"I promise to keep you safe..." I say and she smiles.