part 63

"He will never have true friends who is afraid of making enemies." ― William Hazlitt, Selected Essays, 1778

Sophie's POV

Today we have to leave. I have to leave Shawn. I have to go back to my dad. I have to be in the same room with Cam at school. We're at the airport now.

"I don't want to leave you." I cry on Shawn's shoulder.

"I'll always be with you. Text or call me whenever." He says.

"Flight 364 To Canada, now boarding." A voice booms. We let go and I watch him walk off. We wave and my phone buzzes, I read the message.

Shawn🎶❤️: Wipe those tears beautiful

I wiped my face and watch him disappear around the corner.

"Come on, let's go." Nash gentle tapped my shoulder. I turned around and we walked to our gate. Vanessa apparently lives in North Carolina so she was with us. On the plane I sit next to Nash and Cam and Vanessa are in front of us.

At Home

When we got home, I went straight to my room and opened my mom's journal. I open to a random page.

Hearts break. Their meant for that.
It will hurt... I can't promise it won't.
Love is not red its black.
Think twice about that...

I sigh and turn the next page.

Pain, Pain, go away.
Never come back again.
If you do I don't care,
I will find a will find a blade somewhere.

Wait...my mom, cut? I see one of my tears drop on the page. I was going to close the journal but something caught my eye. A paper was sticking out. I opened it to that page and there was a note.

Sophie,

I doubt that you will see this but you need to get away from your father. He isn't right. He has a problem where he wants to watch other people in pain, fear. Run far from him because he will end up killing you. That's been his plan since you were 4. I love you so much and I will be watching you from heaven. I hid a few things so I hope you find them. And find someone who will protect and love you. Don't be afraid.

Love,
Mom

I cried even more and put the journal under my mattress. I went downstairs and out the door. I ran to my old house and started to search for anything my mom hid. I opened every drawer and gave up. I sat on the floor and cried. Soon, I hear the door open. Who could be here?

"Hello Sophie." I heard that horrible voice say. I turned around and stood up.

"What are you doing here?" I ask.

"I come here often, just to think." He smiles.

"Okay, I'm just going to leave." I walk past him and he grabs my arm, squeezing it.

I screamed in pain and crouched to the ground. He twisted my arm and I heard a snap. I gasped in pain and tears cam to my eyes.

"Stop, please! STOP!" I yelled. He laughed and grabbed my wrist, pushing it in my forearm. I felt the crushing of my bones and my breath became short. He put both hands on my arm and snapped it like a pencil. He laughed and walked out, leaving my on the ground. I looked at my arm. It was twisted and a bone popped out. I was in shock. I knew I would pass out soon so I ran home as fast as I could. I opened the door and fell on the floor.

"Sophie?" I heard Aunt Elizabeth ask.

"M-my arm." I sighed and blacked out.

Nash's POV

I was upstairs on my phone when I heard my mom yelling. I went downstairs and saw her next to Sophie who was unconscious on the floor.

"Nash!" She yelled and I ran over. "She just came in and collapsed." She cried.

"It's okay, I'm calling 911." I say and soon the ambulance came we went to the hospital and Sophie was taken into surgery. I checked my phone and had some messages.

Cam Bam😝🙌: Why was there an ambulance at your house?

Me: Sophie collapsed when she walked in and her arm is trashed. She's in surgery now

Cam Bam😝🙌: WHAT! I'm coming over there now

Me: No, stick to the plan

Cam Bam😝🙌: I love her. And I wouldn't just 'not care' about her

Me: Fine come over

I put my phone down and rub my face. Soon Cam runs in and screams for Sophie. I run up to him and hold him down before he attacks a nurse.

"Dude calm down, just sit down." I say, leading him to the chairs.

"If it wasn't for your stupid plan then she might not hate me." He says.

"She doesn't hate you." I say and he glares at me.

Cameron's POV

An hour later a nurse informs us that Sophie was back from surgery. We went to her room and she was sleeping with a pink cast on her left arm. Nash sat down on one of the chairs and I walked to her bed and looked at her beautiful face. I messed up. She breath in heavily and fluttered her eyes opened. She looked at me and her eyebrows furrowed.

"Get out." She ordered.

"Soph, but I-" I start but she cuts me off.

"GET OUT NOW!" She screams and I step back. "I DONT EVER WANT TO SEE YOU AGAIN!"

I looked at her with tears in my eyes and ran out of the room. I'm done with faking, I'm going to break up with Vanessa.

______________________

My baby sister is having her first swimming lessons and it's so adorable.