part 7

"Do not be afraid; our fate Cannot be taken from us; it is a gift." ― Dante Alighieri, Inferno

Sophie's POV

Liv and I just did girly things getting ready for the party. I lend her one of my suits and we started walking to Nash's house. I didn't exactly know where he lived but we figured out the house with all the lights and cars was his.

We walked up to the doorstep and ran the doorbell. We could hear the loud music from inside.

Nash opened the door and his face immediately lit up. "Oh hey Sophie and Liv."

He opened the door wider to let us in. There were tons of kids everywhere.

"Oh hey Sophie!" Cameron came around the corner, SHIRTLESS.

"Hey Cam!" I tried to focus on his face so my eyes wouldn't trail elsewhere.

"Come on lets go swimming." Nash led us to the lake.

We got there and a few other kids where swimming. Nash took of his shirt and I had to once again force myself not to look. I slowly took off my shorts and shirt to reveal my teal bikini. Liv found one of her friends and I was left alone with Nash and Cam. Cam held out his hand and I took it as we walked into the water. We were all splashing around when Nash pointed out my house.

"Soph, about a week ago I thought I saw something over there." He laughed.

I turned pale and swallowed hard.

"Yea, I wonder if anyone lives in that shack over there." Cam laughed.

"Yea." I cleared my throat, "I-I'm going to go." I starting swimming to the shore trying not to cry. I grabbed my clothes and put them on.

"Sophie wait!" They yelled. I stopped and turned around tears forming and running down my cheeks.

"Soph, whats wrong?" Nash came to hug me.

"Umm nothing sorry." I wiped my tears.

"Then why are you crying?" Cam came up next to me.

"Something flew in my eye and I didn't want you to see me cry." I fake laughed.

"Oh, well let's get that eye fixed." Cam laughed picking me up bridal style. Nash opened the door for us and went to go get me some water. Cam walked through dancing teens to a bathroom, which was bigger than my room. He set me on the counter and I opened my legs a little so he could stand between them.

"Here, let me see that eye." He put his hand on my chin looking into my eye.

I stared back at him. He noticed me looking and stopped examining my eye. He inched closer to my face. I closed my eyes and he kissed me. He lips felt like clouds. We kissed for probably 10 minutes before I stopped to take a breath.

"OMG I'm sorry Sophie." Cam apologized.

"Its fine." I smiled. "I-I should be getting home." I jumped off the counter.

Cam followed behind me as I found Nash and said goodbye. He gave me a water bottle and I went to find Liv to tell her goodbye. I was about to open the door when Cam stopped me.

"Hey can I walk you home?" He asked.

"No I'm fine." I said opening the door and walking out. Of course he followed me.

"But your walking alone." He said.

"Seriously Cam I'll be okay." I say starting to walk.

"Nope I'm walking with you." He smiled. Ugh why!

"Fine but I need to tell you something. And you can't tell anyone, not even Nash. Unless I tell him too." I sighed. Who knew I would tell two people my secret on the same day.

We walked the twenty minute walk as I told him everything. He had a sympathetic look on his face.

"Sophie, I'm so sorry that happened to you. Why do you still live with him, he could hurt you." He asked worried.

"I don't have any money so I couldn't survive on my own." I saw my house a few feet away.

"Oh well do you have a phone you could call me whenever?" He asked.

"No sorry my dad sold that too." I shrugged opening the front door.

"Well, bye Sophie. And I'll drive you to school Monday, meet right there." He pointed to a gate not too far, maybe a 2 minute walk.

"You don't have too." I say.

"But I want too." He smiled and kissed my cheek.

"Bye Cam." I smiled.

"Bye Soph." He started walking away.

What. Just. Happened.

______________________

Any thoughts so far..?

Make sure to follow @magc0neverything and @sydnaifanfiction on Instagram!!