part 31

"Always do what you're afraid to do." ― E. Lockhart, We Were Liars

Cameron's POV

We were leaving to go back home in about 5 hours. I started to pack my things and Sophie's for her. I felt bad for her. I should've watched her and not let that creep do that. Wait, what about mom?

"Uh Soph? Should we tell my mom about the club?" I ask.

"In my opinion no, but if we need to go ahead." She shrugs.

"It'll be our secret then." I wink and she laughs.

Later

Elizabeth drove us to the airport in the rental car while I sat in the back, Sophie's head on my lap. Nash and Hayes were in front of us. I don't think Nash told his mom about the club thing. We arrived and turned on the car. I picked up Sophie and grabbed one luggage. We turned in our luggage and went to security.

"Sir you'll need to wake her up." The man says.

"Can we go through together, please?" I ask.

"Fine." He grunts and I slip of my shoes.

Nash helps me take of Sophie's shoes and we walk through. I put on my shoes, carefully not to drop Sophie, slipped on both of our backpacks and held her shoes in my other hand. We walked to the gate and I sat her on a chair. For once we weren't late.

"Are you going to tell your mom about what happened?" Nash whispered to me.

"No, you?" I ask and he shakes his head.

"Some things are meant to be secrets." He smirked and I laughed.

"Flight 133 now boarding." A lady said. We grabbed our stuff and found our seats.

After a long flight, Sophie woke up.

"What?" She got up looking around.

"Were on the plane, landing is in five minutes." I say.

"I didn't get to say goodbye to everyone." She crossed her arms and made a pout face.

"Don't worry they can FaceTime us and you can talk." I say as we land.

We get off, get our luggages, and I find my car where I parked it and we drove home. We said goodbye to Nash and his family and walked into our house. It was almost 8 at night so my mom was on the couch watching TV.

"Hey guys." She gets up hugging us. "You okay Sophie? You look a little pale."

"Im fine, just air sickness." She says. Good excuse.

"I'm pooped." I say and go upstairs and take a shower. I get out and put on pajama pants. I check on Sophie who is sleeping and I decide to let her be alone tonight.

The next day

Sophie's POV

I woke up and went to the bathroom to take a shower. I slowly peeled off my clothes waiting for the shower to heat up. I looked at my body in the mirror. I have turned pretty pale and my collarbone is very defiant sticking out of my skin. My ribs peek out a little. Some people think this is beautiful... But its horrid. I ignore my thoughts and get in the shower.

I step out in just a towel walking to my room. I throw on a teal sweater and black leggings. I brush my hair and leave it alone, it's ms face I'm worried about. I have purple bags under my eyes and my face looks like its been punched in. It has become really skinny so I put on makeup Gina bought me and try to hide everything. When I'm done I walk downstairs.

"Good Morning Sophie! Feeling better?" Gina asks cooking.

"Yea, sorry I was so tired yesterday." I say sitting down on a bar stool watching her cook.

"Its fine. So how what your trip?" She asks.

"Umm it was fun. And I found out something." I say.

"What?" She says.

"Nash is my cousin. Chad is my Uncle and Elizabeth is my Aunt. My mom was Chad's sister." I say.

"Wow! That's amazing." She hugs me.

"Yea, the only family I have left." I say. No one from my dad's side will ever be part of me.

"Oh honey, we're your family." She looks into my eyes. "And I knew those eyes looked familiar." She laughs.

"Morning mom." Cam comes down and kisses Gina. He goes behind me wrapping his arms around my waist and whispers in my ear, "Morning Sophie."

"Good morning Cam." I laugh and he lets go sitting next to me.

"Are you doing anything today?" He asks.

"Not that I know of." I say and Gina sets the food in front of us.

"Good because I have something in mind." He smiles.

We finish eating and Cam leads me to the garage and we drive.

"Where are we going?" I laugh.

"Somewhere." He says.

We drive for about 5 minutes and we are at my old house.

"Why are we here?" I ask suddenly nervous.

"I wanted to ask you something." He says getting out.

______________________

Hehe! The best part is next!!