part 44

"Ultimate horror often paralyses memory in a merciful way." ― H.P. Lovecraft, The Rats in the Walls

Sophie's POV (skip a few weeks to Sophie's Birthday)

Today is my birthday! I'm so excited! I go to my dresser and see a small paper that says: wear this and go to the kitchen. I quickly put on the pink and purple birthday dress, the tiara, pink flats, and curl my hair. I swipe the lipgloss on my lips and head to the kitchen. I don't think anyone's home. I see some pink balloons and a pink box. I open the box and inside is a necklace that says Happy Birthday. The back says We Love You. The note inside says: Go outside, and get ready to drive.

Wait.. Drive? I don't have my license yet. I go outside and see one of Cam's cars with a guy next to it.

"Sophie?" He asks and I nod. He gets in the passenger side and hands me the keys.

"I-I can't-" I start but he cuts me off.

"I'm here to teach you." He says and I get in putting the key in the ignition. Cam has taught me a little but I keep freaking out. After about twenty minutes I'm able to drive. He hands me a thin squared object.

"My lisence!" I squeal. Its a good picture of me, "they" must have set this up. I'm still unsure who's making this. The man gets out of the car and hands me another envelope.

It says: now that you can drive, go to Starbucks where your next gift awaits. I drive to Starbucks and walk inside. A few baritsa's come out and stand in a formation.

"It's your birthday, its your birthday, and we are here to sayyyyyy! It's your birthday, Hey!" They finish their little jingle. I feel my cheeks turn red and they hand me a drink. Its a Cotton Candy Frap with extra cream, my favorite. On the side it says: We aren't finished now, head to the mall and go to Aeropostale. I drive to the mall which takes about twenty more minutes. It's now 10. I head to Aeropostale and see a few workers holding bags.

"Hello Sophie. Pick anything you want. Happy Birthday!" They smile. I pick out a few things, trying them on then finally finishing after an hour and a half. I go to the cashier and he hands me another note. It says: After all this you must be hungry. Meet your 'date' at the Olive Garden across the street of the mall.

I thank everyone and run to the car. I carefully drive to Olive Garden and walk in. The waitress sees me and leads me to a table where I see Cam. He stands up and we hug.

"I like your tux." I smile and he pulls the chair out for me and I sit.

"Thanks." He smiles sitting down across from me. We order our food and finish. We get up and Cam kisses me.

"I'll see you later okay." He hands me another card and walks off. It says: Have fun? Don't worry you'll see him again. Head to the bookstore. I drive there and walk in. The clock reads 1:30.

"Hello, are you Sophie?" A lady asks and I nod. "Pick out some books and read until its 3." She smiles and I walk around grabbing six books. I sit down on one of the beanbags and start to read. I was almost done with the book when I glanced at the clock, 3 exactly. I got up and get to the lady. She gave me a bag for the books and a card.

It said: Your journey's almost done. Head to your house. (Where you started). I got into the car and drove home. My phone said 3:15. I stepped out and heard really loud music. A kid from my school ran toward me holding his hand out.

"Your keys." He said in a British accent. I plopped them in his hand laughing. The front steps were covered with a red carpet. The moment I stepped on it, camera flashes blinded me. I few kids were acting as paparazzi as I walked in. Flashing lights and dancing teens were everywhere. I was a little panicked at first but Cam and Nash came over.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" They yelled hugging me.

"Thank you guys!" I smiled.

I danced around for a while, talking to some of the kids and eating the little snacks. Mahogany was DJing and I was happy to see her. The boys were here too, no Jack.

"WHOS HAVING A GOOD TIME!" Mahogany screamed and everyone screamed back. "FOR THIS NEXT SONG, WERE GOING TO SLOW IT DOWN FOR THE BIRTHDAY GIRLLLL!" I blush and everyone turns to look at me. I feel hands on my waist and turn around to see Cam smiling.

"May I have this dance?" He asks.

"Yes you may." I smile and the music starts. Its a cover of me singing More Than This. (A/N: Listen to Kait Weston's cover. It's amazing) I see some people around us crying and Gina taping. We finish the dance and everyone claps.

"I can love you more than this." Cam whispers and kisses me. We kiss for awhile before I realize where we were. I pull away and hug him. A few people whoop.

"I love you." I say.

"I love you more." He smiles.

"TIME FOR CAKE!" I hear Aunt Elizabeth yell. We walk over and its a beautiful cake. Its pink, black, and white with the words Happy 17th Birthday Sophie! We cut slices and hand them out to everyone. Cam and I take a scoop of ours and feed it to each other. Cam chews the cake like a cow and I burst out laughing. He puts frosting on his finger and taps me nose.

"Hey!" I say trying not to smile. I wipe my nose and finish the cake. We played a few games and partied for a long time. My eyelids were dropping and the clock read 11. We finished up the party and everyone left. I said goodbye to Cam and Gina then went to my room and put on my pajamas.

The next day I went downstairs and everyone was in the living room, trying to stack all the presents I got. I didn't know I got that many.

"Hey girl!" Nash said.

"Heyy." I sit on his lap.

"Morning Sophie." Aunt Elizabeth said flipping pancakes.

We eat breakfast, Cam and Gina coming over a few minutes later. They all help me open my presents. I got a bunch of stuffed animals, a lot of phone cases, gift cards, headphones, pink penny board, a few backpacks, swimsuits, shoes, and giraffe stuff. I'm especially grateful for everything.

_______________________

But seriously guys, listen to the Kait Weston cover of More Than This!! You won't regret it!! Also check out @sydnaifanfiction on Instagram for all of Sophie's birthday stuff!