part 4

"Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it." ― Salvador Dalí

Sophie's POV

After a few more classes and lunch, school was finally over. Nash was walking with me to my locker because I have the mind of a fourth grader and can't open it.

"Hey Sophie, since you live where I do, you want a ride?" He asked popping open the locker.

"Um no its fine. I'll walk." I say.

"Wait, walk?! Thats like 5 miles!" He said shocked.

I shouldn't have said walk. "Umm, no I just walk to the field where my dad waits in the car to avoid traffic." He nods. Whew, that was close. I said goodbye to him and started to walk home.

I got home and the house was pitch dark. Of course, my dad doesn't come home until late because he's out partying.

I went to my room and sat down at my desk to do my homework. I had to do a grammar packet for English and 2 and 3 multiplication facts.

I finished and decided I would make a snack. For breakfast I had a half a piece of toast and for lunch a few chips from Olivia. I grabbed an apple and water bottle and walked outside for a walk. I saw the lake and immediately wanted to swim. I didn't have my suit and the house was about 10 minutes back so I just started to strip and swim in my undergarments.

Swimming makes me feel free,
Like I can fly away from all my troubles.
All the pain will go away,
Just like the fear I saved inside today.

My mom wrote that poem in her journal she gave me the night before she died. I still can't believe what happened...

_______________________

Sorry for the short Chapter. I might not post as often for the next few weeks because finals are coming up and I can't risk my grades.