part 13

"Power is of two kinds. One is obtained by the fear of punishment and the other by acts of love. Power based on love is a thousand times more effective and permanent than the one derived from fear of punishment." ― Mahatma Gandhi

Cameron's POV (A few days later)

Sophie was released from the hospital about an hour ago and we are currently at her house packing all of her things.

"That's all." She said looking down at two luggage a full of everything she owns.

I can't wait till Sophie comes to her new home. I designed her room for her. The room in this house is just a crib mattress and small dresser.

"Okay let's go." I say grabbing one luggage in each hand.

"Wait, one more thing." She said and ran to her room. "I almost forgot I hide this under my mattress."

It was a thick brown journal. Must of been her moms because I remember she told me she gave it to her.

We walked to the car and drove quickly to my house. I grabbed the luggage's and she opened the front door.

"Hey Sophie, welcome home." My mom smiled, embracing Sophie into a hug.

"Thanks Mrs. Dallas." She said.

"Please call me Gina." My mom said. "Cam you can show Sophie to her room."

"Come on Soph, you'll love it. I designed it myself." I said leading her up the stairs.

"Wow I'm so excited." She laughed.

I opened the door to the room next to mine. It was the same size as my room but with a little window seat. The walls were plastered with pink paint and black designs on the edges. The bed-set was pink, black, and white with a million pillows piling on top. On the side was a book shelf full of brand new books, and a desk with a pink MacBook to match my light blue one. The desk had little knickknacks and cute room decor. In one corner, there was a dresser and mirror with a big jewelry box and a make-up box. In the other corner was a white fluffy rug with two circle chairs, black and pink ones, and a pile of stuffed animals. And smack dab in front of the bed was a TV placed on the wall.

Sophie covered her mouth and started to cry. "OMG Cam! I love it!" She ran over and hugged me.

"Glad you do. I'll give you some time to unpack. The closet is full of hangers and the dresser is empty." I smiled letting go of her and walking back down stairs.

Sophie's POV

I can not believe what Cameron has done for me. Its much more than anyone deserves, and I don't think I could ever thank him enough.

I started to unpack hanging some clothes in the closet and others folded in my drawers. It didn't take much time since I didn't have a lot. I hid my moms journal under the mattress and walked downstairs to find Cam.

"Hey your done." He smiled looking up from his phone. "Want an official tour?" He asked.

"Sure." I laughed following him around.

"Well this is the kitchen." He points to the big space. "And where we are standing is the living room." It has two couches and a large TV.

He points to the big glass doors, "Out there is the lake, as you may have already known." He laughs and so do I. "I tried convincing my mom to get a pool next to the lake but she said that was dumb."

"Just a little." I laugh.

He led me a room over. "This is the game room. We have pool, pin ball machines, wii U, Xbox one, and all sorts of games." He points around the room naming everything. "Maybe one day I could teach you how to play some of these games." He winks.

"Maybe." I lift an eyebrow and follow him up a swirled staircase.

"Up here is the 'boys den' and it just has random junk. You can do crafts with my mom up here to." He explains. The room has a bunch of toys and a desk filled with artistic things. This is the only room up here so we go back downstairs. "There's a bathroom just down there." He points to a small hallway.

We walk by the front door to the dining room. "This is the dining room. We don't really use it. It just has a bunch of china-wear." I nod and we walk to the other side of the front room. "This is just an extra room. We put seasonal decorations here like the Christmas tree." We walk up the stairs, there is one on each side, so we take the right one.

"Here is the guest rooms, we have three and at the very end is my moms room. There are two bathrooms here." We walk across to the other side. "This is my room, you already know that and yours next to mine used to be an extra room for sleepovers. Across is the bathroom we share and next to it is my sister Sierra's room but she moved out. We just keep it if she visits." I take in all the information.

"You have a big house." I say.

"No kidding." He laughs and we go back downstairs.

________________

We hit 100 views!! Thank you guys so much for reading and I hope you enjoy the story! And my birthday is tomorrow (January 1st) so thank you for the amazing gifts!!