part 32

"Most men fear getting laughed at or humiliated by a romantic prospect while most women fear rape and death." ― Gavin de Becker, The Gift of Fear: Survival Signals That Protect Us from Violence

Sophie's POV

"What?" I ask.

"First we have to walk around." He says grabbing my hand.

"Okay." I start to walk with him.

We walk around the beautiful trees and along the lake. We sat down and just watched the waves. It wasn't that cold and only a few inches of snow. It's been 2 hours.

"Sophie." Cam stands up pulling me up with him. "I've been meaning to ask you this for awhile but never really had the chance. Your the most beautiful, sophisticated, talented girl I have ever met. You make me happy and never leave my side. I love your presence and I would just like to know if you could make me the happiest guy alive and be my girlfriend?" He blushed.

"Yes!" I jumped into his arms and he spun around.

"I love you Sophie." He kissed my head.

"I love you too Cam." I hugged him.

Cameron's POV

Yes I did it! I can't believe I can call her mine.

"Let's go get something special." I say and we get back into the car. I drive to The Cupcakery and we order our cupcakes.

"Thanks Cam." She says biting her cupcake. She got frosting on her nose.

"You got a little something-" I point to my nose.

"Oh." She laughs.

"I got it." I lean in and kiss her getting some frosting on my nose.

"That helped." She pulled away laughing. "Here" she pulls out her phone and I scoot closer to her and she takes a picture. Then she takes a napkin and wipes my face and then hers.

"Thanks." I smile and we drive back home.

"Hey guys." My mom sees us. I told her how I wanted to ask Sophie out and she gave me ideas.

"I did it." I smiled and she hugged us.

"What?" Sophie asked.

"She helped me get the guts to ask you out." I blushed.

"Aww." She said.

Later

"You two should go to bed, you have school tomorrow." My mom said. We were watching a movie and Sophie feel asleep on my shoulder. I picked her up and laid her in her bed, settling next to her.

Sophie's POV

I woke up with Cam next to me like usual. I get up and grab some clothes and change in the bathroom. I put on my maroon Pink hoodie and tribal print leggings. I brushed my long brown hair and slip on a maroon bow. I walked out and went back to my room. Cam was gone so he was probably in his room getting dressed. I grabbed my phone and put a tiger case on it. I went on Instagram and posted the cupcake picture.

@.sophiethefirst: We like cupcakes 😂🎂 @.camerondallas.

I went downstairs and Gina was making breakfast like always. Cam came down soon and we all ate then Cam ran to the car. I slipped on my black combat boots and ran after him. We arrived at school and we went to our lockers and then ran to home room biology. We were late...again.

"Mr.Dallas and Miss. Smith. Late again I see." Miss. Duncan tsks.

"Ugh sorry." Cam shrugs and I try to hold in my laughter.

"Just sit down." She yells and we do.

"Okay we are going to be talking about disease." Miss Duncan starts.

"Soph, doing okay?" Liv whispers to me.

"Yep." I beam.

"What happened." She raised an eyebrow.

"Cam asked me out." I smiled and Liv tried not to squeal.

"Girls!" Miss. Duncan yelled and I looked at Cam and Nash who where trying to hold in their laughter. She continued talking.

End of school

I walked to my locker with Cam and grabbed my books and then we drove back home. We both finished out homework and decided to go to Nash's. Cam knocked on the door and we waited. A man opened the door.

"Oh hey Cam.. and? I don't think we've met?" He says to me. I was about to speak when Elizabeth came over.

"Chad! That Sophie, your niece. Jane's daughter." She said. He turned pale when she said Jane. "Remember we talked about this." She said and he picked me up like a baby and hugged me.

"Do you remember me?" He asked and I looked at him.

"I don't know." I shrugged feeling a flashback coming on.

_______________________

Next chapter is a flashback!!