part 66

"When you were in love, you knew no fear or hatred. When you were fearful, there was no possibility of love or hate. And when there was hate, there was only hate." ― Christopher Pike, The Last Vampire

Sophie's POV (Graduation Day)

I was pacing back and forth in my room. I can't believe I'm done with school. Today is graduation day and I'm really nervous. I was chosen to give a speech because I was the most successful in academics.

"We're ready!" I heard Aunt Elizabeth yell from down stairs. I grab my graduation cap and run downstairs. We drive to school and go to the field. The place is packed, which makes me even more nervous. Aunt Elizabeth, Uncle Chad, Will (he came to visit), Hayes and Skylynn find seats. Nash and I make our way to the front and see Cam saving our seats.

"Thanks." I say as I sit next to him. Some music starts to play and the Principle comes out.

"Welcome Students and Families. Thank you all for joining us on this wonderful day." She talks about other things but I don't really pay attention. "And now we have our valedictorian, Sophie Grier to give a speech." Everyone claps and I make my way to the stage. I shake hands with the principle and clear my throat before starting.

"Hello everyone, I'm Sophie, as you may have already known." I say and some people laugh. "Looking back at my few years at Davidson Day, I can honestly say that there is no better school that is filled with so many wonderful staff and faculty members who dedicate their time to the fulfillment of every student's individual goals. My friends and classmates gave me the courage to step out of my shell as the shy girl I once was to the confident mature woman who stands before you today." (A/N: I found speeches online. I can't write like this😂)

"Walt Disney once said "All our dreams can come true- if we have the courage to pursue them." Our dreams began when we started Senior year. We envisioned ourselves becoming accountants, teachers, nurses, philosophers, and much more. Davidson Day is known as being a small school with big dreams, where we spent the last few years developing our knowledge in our focus areas making our dreams a reality. Today, we take the final step in our high school experience. Our hard work, long hours of studying, and constant stress has finally paid off. It is time to take the knowledge we have gained and apply what we have learned to the pursuit of our future endeavors. For some that may be the continuation of their education, to others it is the start of their chosen profession. Whichever the case may be, I wish all my fellow students all the happiness and fortune this life may bring." I say.

"At this time, I would like to thank several important members of my life that either encouraged or supported me through this incredible journey. This person taught me the value of education and gave me the building blocks needed to become a successful woman. She encouraged me in all of my endeavors, provided me with emotional support, and spoke highly of me to anyone who would listen. Aunt Elizabeth, thank you for all your hard work, support, and love throughout these difficult and exciting years. I love you very much." I say and I see her wiping her tears.

"To my friends, who I spent countless hours with, studying for tests together, proof reading each other's works, and making memories that will last a lifetime. Those few individuals you know who you are, thank you and I could not have done it without you.
his next person has stood by me every day, helping me when I thought I could no longer push forward. And Thank you Cameron for always listening, offering words of encouragement, and guiding me to be the best I can be. I love you so much and I'm very thankful for all you have done for me. Thank you." I finish and everyone claps.

"You did amazing!" Cam and Nash hug me when I get back to my seat.

_______________________

That speech though😂😂