INDECISIVE HEART - BOOK I

P R O L O G U E

P R O L O G U E

Was taking a bite from the fruit of knowledge so bad that humans came up with a torturous institution called a school?

Similar to the countless horrors today's teens faced - one of them being eating tide pods, or having Kylie Jenner's lips, OR getting hit by a passing vehicle while asking Kiki if she loved you - Anna had a much mediocre responsibility of going to the so-called torture institute.

However, since it was the last few months of her highschool life, Anna hung dearly to the last string of patience she had - that being none other than her friends who she would soon part ways with to keep up with the burdening expectations of becoming an adult.

"Ann! You're going to be late!" A loud, feminine voice from downstairs disrupted the hasty actions of the brunette

"Coming, mom!" the girl yelled as she hopped on one toe while putting a sock to the other, "Damn you, stupid socks!"

Picking up her bag from the bed, she bid farewell to her messy bedroom before running downstairs. Once she got to the foyer, she pulled out a pair of worn out school shoes. Reluctantly tying her shoelaces, she sighed, "Bye, mom!"

A woman of medium stature and honey brown hair walked out of the kitchen, rubbing her palms to the apron that hung around her waist, "Bye, sweetie! Have a nice day!"

Her eyes turned to beautiful crescents, a feature that was passed down to the 17-year-old who snickered, "I'll try! Love you!"

"Love you to-"

"Where's my love you?" The man who was hiding behind the newspaper now spoke up, feigning hurt.

"I'm sorry, I love you too, dad!" Anna chuckled lightly and brushed down her skirt, "I'm getting late! See ya!"

She closed the front door behind her as her gaze focused on the tall, sturdy boy who was standing at her gate. His lips turned up into a sweet smile, revealing his bunny-like teeth, "Good morning, Ann!"

This boy. He was one of the very few reasons Anna could put up with her stressful school life.

Jeon Jungkook.

The boy who she fought with at 6. The boy who she loved to tease at 9. The boy who protected her from bullies at 12. The boy who she had feelings for at 15.

Anna dragged her feet towards the dark-haired boy and rested her forehead on the centre of his collar, inhaling the familiar citrus scent laced with musk, "Not-so-good morning to you too, Kook."

"Aww." The dark-haired male cooed and brushed her hair before wrapping his arms around her for a tight squeeze, "Look at you being such a cute, little baby."