XXVII

CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN

Anna moved into her hostel room a week before uni could start just to get familiar with the campus, the neighbourhood and the city. Her roommate still hadn't arrived and it didn't bother her much. All she hoped was for them to take care of themselves and be responsible.

Moving to New York was a change that she needed to free herself from the thoughts and feelings of someone who was dear to her.

But that's where she went wrong.

Anna roamed around the city, making mental notes of the nearest grocery stores and shopping malls. In a way, she liked the solitude. She liked the alone time she had, but she also missed hanging out with her friends.

Maybe, I should get myself a little pet.

Anna quickly looked up a pet shop close by and began walking towards it as instructed by her phone navigator. Just when she was about to take a turn at the corner of the block, her body collided with someone.

Her eyes shut tightly, anticipating a painful impact on her butt. But she never felt anything, except a hand secured around her waist.

It felt like déjà vu all over again.

"Beth?"

Her eyes shot open when the familiar, baritone voice rang through her ears. She saw the same man with large, warm brown eyes staring back at her with shock.

"KIM TAEHYUNG?"

Oh, no, no, no, no! This can't be happening right now!

Just when she was spiraling into her dreadful thoughts, her butt came in contact with the ground, harshly. She let out a yelp and shut her eyes tight, "Oww..." she squealed to herself.

Irritation shot through her veins and she looked up, throwing daggers at the smug man who had a smirk on his lips.

This FREAKING FOSSIL!

Anna hastily stood up, dusting her clothes and palms together, "What the hell was that for!"

He didn't say anything but only shrugged.

"Asshole!" Anna turned around and walked away. She never thought she'd come face-to-face with Taehyung ever again. Especially, not under such circumstances. Her butt was hurting, but the pain in her chest was much more intense. His warm eyes were so cold and it looked like he didn't give two shits about her. The old Taehyung would've held her tight, but this Taehyung! He dropped her, purposely, and she was so mad at him. 

All the more reason for her to hate him.

So much for buying a pet.

Who needed a pet when you had an annoying, 344 year old roommate who you never imagined to be sharing rooms with.

Kim-fucking-Taehyung!

"Seriously? Aren't you a bit old- scratch that! Aren't you TOO DAMN OLD to be a student!" Anna clenched her jaw.

Taehyung yawned and lazily continued to change TV channels.

"And besides, couldn't you just buy a fucking penthouse and live there? Did you have to stay in a hostel?" Anna stomped her leg hard against the floor, "Specifically THIS room!"

Seeing absolutely no response from Taehyung drove her mad. She walked into her room and slammed her door shut, falling into her bed. She let out a frustrated scream into her pillows and kicked her legs into the mattress. He was getting on her nerves and it was beginning to turn her life into hell. She hated this new Taehyung. She missed the old one who treated her with so much love and care, but now? She wanted to snatch that remote from his hand and bang his head with it.

Her screams soon turned into tears when memories of them flashed through her mind. The sweet, endearing moments they shared together even though they didn't last long. She missed him, but having him live under the same roof and behaving like a heartless jerk wasn't helping her case.

I regret coming here already.

That night she cried herself to sleep.

She didn't know when she passed out. She didn't know that someone had entered her room. She didn't know that they kissed her forehead lovingly and smiled at her, gently brushing her hair. She didn't know when he turned off the lights and wished her sweet dreams.

Taehyung had discovered about Anna's arrival to New York, which only gave him a new opportunity to be beside her and look after her. Just not in the way she would expect.

He could never stop caring about her or her safety. He needed to keep a close eye and what was better than this? To live under the same roof and closely keep tabs on her?

Taehyung felt like a low-key stalker but at the end of the day, it was to protect the only person he loved with all his heart.

"Seriously?" Anna gritted her teeth, anger seething through her words, "You had to choose the same course?"

Taehyung looked up from his laptop and lazily bore his eyes into hers, "You had to choose the same course too?"

"Are you following me, Kim Taehyung?"

"Are you following me, Annabeth Beckett?"

"Argh!" Anna shrieked, "Fuck you!"

"Gladly."

If it wasn't illegal, then Anna would've probably slammed his head into his laptop until some sense got knocked into him.

Anna took a seat in the far corner of the lecture room and calmed herself. She didn't think that her first day at uni would turn out to be this disastrous.

The only time Anna thought she could escape her annoying ex-teacher/ex-boyfriend/past lives' lover/roommate was during her time at uni. But that wasn't the case anymore. Now she could only pray that they hadn't been allotted to the same classes, because that, my friend, could potentially be the death of her.

Just when Anna was drowning in dreadful thoughts and imaginary scenarios, an unfamiliar, masculine voice interrupted her, "Excuse me?"

Anna looked up to see a tall man with brown hair smiling down at her, showcasing his cute little dimples, "Can I take this seat beside you?"

"Yeah, sure." Anna smiled, admiring his ethereal facial features.

"Thanks." He grinned again, "By the way, I'm Kim Namjoon."

"I'm Annabeth Beckett." Anna smiled widely. She could finally get a break from the annoying human being sitting on the other end of the lecture hall, "It's nice to meet you, Namjoon."

"Likewise, Beth. Wait, is it okay if I call you Beth?"

"Sure."