XI

CHAPTER ELEVEN

"Are you okay in there?" Taehyung knocked on his bedroom door inside which Armelle was struggling to get out of her corset. This was when Armelle started to regret ever coming here. She needed her mom to loosen this up, but stupid Armelle had to follow a stranger to his home and had to agree to change into a nightgown.

"Armelle, you silly, silly girl!" She cursed herself, "Yes, I'm- I'm okay!"

Taehyung could clearly hear her grunts and few things getting knocked down onto the floor.

"Are you sure, Miss?"

"Ye- OW!" Armelle landed on her butt as she tripped by her gown while twisting herself in all directions just to loosen the corset.

"Armelle?" Taehyung yelled out from the other side of the door, "I'm coming inside."

Taehyung waited a few seconds for her to reply or protest, but since he didn't hear any of it, he slowly opened the door. He looked around the room and gasped when he found Armelle on the floor, head digging into her palms and hair distressed.

"Are-Are you okay?" He rushed to her side and crouched down. He was going to comfort her, but his face turned hot when his eyes fell upon her bare shoulders.

"I should've just gone home." Armelle groaned.

"Is- is something the matter? Did I do anything wrong-"

"No, no. Absolutely not." Armelle shook her head and looked up at his face, "I can't seem to loosen my corset. I feel embarrassed."

Taehyung bit his lower lip and stared at her innocent eyes, "Would you mind if I helped? I promise I won't look."

It was now Armelle's turn to stare into his nervous eyes, "I... Okay. But promise me you won't look."

"I promise." Taehyung helped her up and dusted his pants. Armelle slowly turned around and faced the splotchy body mirror in his room. Taehyung gulped and moved his fingers around the lace strategically making sure he not to grace the skin of her smooth, arched back.

However, he couldn't deny that the thought was quite tempting. But taking advantage of an innocent girl was not one of his characteristics. She trusted him and he wasn't going to prove her otherwise.

Through the mirror, he saw Armelle crossing her arms against her chest, keeping the corset in place. One by one, he loosened the lace all the way up, exposing her bare back.

"D-Done." Taehyung cleared his throat loudly, mostly to snap himself out his own temptation of feeling her fair skin that looked like porcelain, "I'll be outside."

Taehyung left the room after he saw Armelle nod through the mirror. Armelle quick let the corset drop to the floor and slipped into the borrowed nightgown.

Once she was done, she looked at herself in the mirror, a little smile pinching onto her lips as she remembered how Taehyung broke his promise of not looking but still didn't do anything wrong to her.

Maybe, he is a good man.

Armelle bit her lower lip that couldn't cease to smile and walked out of the bedroom after one last look in the mirror.

It was the third night in a row that Anna cried herself to sleep. All the memories, the laughs, the fights, the tears zeroed up to this very moment and saying that it hurt her was an understatement. She lost her boyfriend, but most of all she lost the closest person to her.

Jungkook.

Anna still couldn't believe the words Jungkook spat at her. It was as if a ghost had possessed him because Anna could've never imagined that Jungkook would say the things he said. Even at his worse temper, he had a good control over his tongue.

She shuddered under her covers when images of that evening flashed through her head. And suddenly, her worries vaporised into thin ain when she remembered a certain someone's warm eyes.

Kim Taehyung...

At this point, she started to realise that her heart would flutter like a crazy flamingo whenever he came across her mind, which was quite often these days.

Abruptly, flickering light flashed through her window and hit the ceiling of her bedroom. Anna sat up and checked her alarm clock.

It read 03:10 AM.

She slipped out of bed and walked over to her window, cautiously, wondering who would be awake at such an absurd time of the night.

Look who's talking.

She rolled her eyes and peeped from the edge of the window. Her brows jumped when she spotted a familiar car parking in front of her house.

What on Earth are you doing, Kim Taehyung!

She quickly slipped on a thick robe onto her shoulders and rushed downstairs. She unlocked the door as carefully and quietly as she could because the last thing she wanted was her parents to wake up and discover her meeting up with a teacher at an unholy hour!

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE!" Anna hugged herself as she whisper-shouted at her art teacher, brisk-walking to the other side of the street.

"Good to see you too, Beth." Taehyung scoffed and walked towards her.

"I'm serious!" She looked at her house, making sure no one would come out, "Why are you here!"

"I just wanted to make sure if you're okay." Taehyung sighed, leaned onto the bonnet of his car, "You didn't come to school for three days, Beth."

Anna's eyes softened at that. She didn't expect him to be so honest and admit his concerns.

He's your teacher, Ann! Of course he's concerned!

"I was worried about you." Taehyung whispered.

Anna's heart began to flutter when his soft, warm-brown eyes were fixed on her, hair dancing to the breeze's rhythm.

"You could've met me in the morning..." Anna bit her inner cheek and looked away at the far distance of the endless road.

"I couldn't wait any longer."

Her head snapped towards Taehyung, before she could even control her actions. Her eyes grew a fraction, "But- but still! You can't just come meet me whenever -"

"Shh..." he stood up and placed his index on her lips, cutting her off, "How have you been?"

Anna blinked a few times, but when she realised what he meant, her eyes began to tear up, "I'm fine."

Her cracked voice said otherwise.

"Hey..." Taehyung pulled her into his embrace, gently swaying them side to side, "You did the right thing. You shouldn't be crying over a boy who couldn't realise your worth. Shh..."

"It's... it's not about losing my boyfriend, Taehyung." Anna looked up at his worried face, "I'm sad over losing my best friend."

"I understand." He brushed her hair softly and she nuzzled her face into his chest.